GO!

Strangest Eye Color Mutation

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Tai

Mr. Pitiful

Purred: Sun Sep 30, '12 8:00am PST 
A rescue I've dealt with a little has a current foster kitty they're trying to adopt that has the most amazing mutation I've ever seen. I've NEVER seen an animal (other than a reptile) with eyes like this. Thought I'd share and see if anyone else had ever seen a kitty like this?

Wish I could take in this amazing kitty!

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/juushinkan/1348254675-5 62jpg_m.jpg
[notify]

Ashlynne

Silly girl

Purred: Sun Sep 30, '12 3:07pm PST 
It's a beautiful kitty! If it were mine, I'd be taking it to an ophthalmologist eye vet to make sure its eyes are okay and to see whether regular eye checkups are needed, though.

Maybe I'm not seeing it correctly, but those look like huge spots of melanosis in its eyes. I lost my eye because I had iris melanosis that was transitioning to iris melanoma (cancer). Have the cat's eyes always been that way? If so, it may be not be a problem, but I'd want to find out for sure.

Here's a clickable link to the photo:
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/juushinkan/1348254675-562jpg_m.jpg

Edited by author Sun Sep 30, '12 3:09pm PST

[notify]

Tai

Mr. Pitiful

Purred: Sun Sep 30, '12 3:32pm PST 
Well, I did some work with this rescue, and they always see a vet and fix before getting listed. They would mention if the vet had thought it a problem, but it's also possible that the vet might not knot it's a problem if it's something rare. Though, I met their vet and he was a good old knowledgeable guy.

This kitten is only four months old. They pulled him from the kill shelters. So I'm assuming he was born with it. Either way, very interesting. I'm surprised they've had him listed for a few weeks and haven't adopted him out yet.
[notify]