GO!

idk what pippie's problem is :(

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Pippie

Ruling The- World, One- Bedroom At A- Time

Purred: Fri Sep 28, '12 7:51am PST 
so after 4 weeks of medicine for his uri he started sneezing again frown i dont understand. if its his uri flaring up then apparently he's constantly stressed bcuz right after i stop giving his medicine he starts sneezing again.. is there any way to stop a cat from being stressed if he is? or maybe it could be a food allergy? does anybody have any advice frown i'd appreciate it thanks
[notify]

Lacey

Backflips are my- specialty!

Purred: Fri Sep 28, '12 8:27am PST 
Yes, change your cat litter to something with less dust! My two used to sneeze constantly until I changed to Dr. Elsey's Respiratory Relief and now no more sneezing. Wipe down Pippie with some kitty wipes to get the dust off and give some L-lysine twice daily. way to go
[notify]

Pippie

Purred: Fri Sep 28, '12 9:28am PST 
thanks. as soon as we go to the store i'll keep an eye out for that brand. where do you usually buy that at? and how much l-lysine? i have 500mg but i halved them all. also how should i give it to him, if theres a better way bcuz i just crush it and add a little water than syringe it to him,
[notify]

Lacey

Purred: Fri Sep 28, '12 10:13am PST 
The lysine dose is fine, 500 mgs divided up to twice daily. They sell a paste for cats if you want to do it that way. If they don't mind the syringe that's fine too but you can also get the Twinlab brand which is in a capsule so you can sprinkle it on their food. You can get the Dr. Elsey's Respiratory Relief at Petsmart. It's in a green bag. way to go
[notify]

Pippie

Purred: Fri Sep 28, '12 10:46am PST 
is it an expensive brand? the cat litter. pippie's fine with the syringe, he's been used to it with all the medicine he gets. i have him in the garage cuz its nice and cool. im gonna put his cat litter there and do a little test bcuz he hasn't been sneezing. if he sneezes than bye bye litter. my bf's mom thinks it could be the room, it gets stuffy for him frown but i'll check
[notify]

Lacey

Purred: Fri Sep 28, '12 11:25am PST 
It's about $14 a bag BUT BUT BUT it lasts a long time. I have two cats and I scoop twice daily and still only use 2 1/2 bags a month! Much better for them and frankly is more economical in the long run. wink
[notify]

Pippie

Purred: Fri Sep 28, '12 11:46am PST 
hmm i'll see if we can get it today. i have just pippie and his litter always last abt a month and the bags aren't even big so we'll see later this evening. btw he seems to be doing ok in the garage even with his litter. do you think it could be the room??
[notify]

Lacey

Purred: Fri Sep 28, '12 12:15pm PST 
Possibly, if it's a small room and has some airing out problems. But for me I still wouldn't use any other litter knowing what I know about certain ingredients. What brand are you currently using?
[notify]

Pippie

Purred: Fri Sep 28, '12 12:27pm PST 
thats yes on both. and i still wanna get that litter, the litter we were using was a crappy rite-aid brand. before that was arm and hammer multi cat. we got the cheap one bcuz we didnt have much money at that time but my bf and i both agree the litter has to go. it actually makes the room stuffier
[notify]

Lacey

Purred: Fri Sep 28, '12 2:26pm PST 
You'll see, it'll work out much better for ALL OF YOU. You won't smell the litter and the dust all the time either. It's a really good litter and hopefully it'll help Pippie's problems with breathing and sneezing. Yayy! Hope to hear some good news on this soon! big grin
[notify]

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3