GO!

Flea allergy

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

HOTSHOT

Purred: Tue Sep 18, '12 7:24pm PST 
I have been with my human for 8 years but have developed this allergy only since last year. I am a mess. I itch to the point of covering myself with scratches and scabs. A flea bath helps but only for about a week. My human has tried about all of the flea treatments and although they lessen the numbers I still suffer. One thing she has just hit on it's called kitty calm down.Just a capful in my water and it seems when I am relaxed I don't scratch as much and I am much happier.And fall is here so the fleas should go away.
[notify]

Ramsey

Ramsey - The Bedroom Cat- Burglar

Purred: Thu Sep 20, '12 8:38pm PST 
Hi There wave I think maybe a little more information is needed. Are you asking for help or suggestions? Do you know for sure it is a flea allergy and not a food allergy? What has your vet told you? What flea medications have you used? Not all flea medications are equal. Are you an indoor or outdoor kitty?
[notify]