GO!

Question about ACV and cats.

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Chi

Little devil

Purred: Tue Aug 21, '12 11:25pm PST 
I was reading about the health benefits of Braggs apple cider vinegar given to pets and was thinking of giving it a try. But I have read on some sites it can mess with the Ph levels and cause crystals to form yet other sites rave it and people have given it to their cats daily.

Would I have to worry about it messing with the Ph levels and does it depend on the amount given?
[notify]

Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Sat Aug 25, '12 12:11pm PST 
are you looking at it for flea control? Having more than one cat with urinary issues, I hesitate to use ANYTHING that can affect it, and vinegar surely can. I kind of find it hard to think a kitty would willing eat it in food either. I would ask your vet, because I was giving mine a kitty supplement for bladder health that had citric acid in it, and it threw his ph off - so please be careful
[notify]