|Purred: Sun Jul 29, '12 6:22pm PST |
|Update on Greenlee:
I ended up driving all the way to Salt Lake City to AVC Wednesday morning just for them to deny Greenlee care because I am a little under 18 and not authorized to use the Care-Credit card. Our regular vet, Quail Pointe Veterinarian Hospital, knows my family and I really well, so they let me use the Care-Credit card when I take the pets to appointments. We have been going there since 2007. We are completely and totally satisfied with their care. They are amazing! The only reason we took Greenlee to Antelope Vet Hospital is because Quail Pointe didn't have any appointments that day.
Anyway, when I was driving home, I called our regular vet and asked them if they had an ultrasound machine and what is the earliest day they could get Greenlee in. They said the earliest day when the radiologist could come in was this Tuesday (7/31/12). Antelope Vet faxed Greenlee's bloodwork and urinalysis results to Quail Pointe. They agreed that it was best to go the ultrasound route. We are eagerly awaiting Tuesday to come. I am dying to know what's wrong with our sweet Greenlee :|
It was either home treatment or hospitalization until Tuesday. We chose home treatment over hospitalizing her because that would cost us $700 to hospitalize her until the ultrasound. They had us come and get some liver medication (big horse pills), Science Diet K/D wet food, a syringe, and go buy plain Pedialyte and give her this until Tuesday.
However, we ended up hospitalizing Greenlee Saturday morning because she completely stopped eating and drinking and was becoming lethargic. We realized we probably weren't equipped to keep a sick cat from getting worse for almost a week. It was probably the best decision for all involved to have her hospitalized until her ultrasound on Tuesday and then we will decide and go from there.
Also, how do I tell them I DO NOT want her on that nasty Science Diet K/D prescription wet food? They seem to be very content and reassuring that it's not as bad as I think. What other foods are out there that will help her liver and not make it worse like K/D? Please give me a list and description, so I can go over there and have actual proof of why I want her on a different wet food. I am very concerned with this.
Thanks and please pray for good news. We are worried sick about Greenlee. She's only three years old! She hasn't even lived half of her life yet. She can't die! :'(
Edited by author Sun Jul 29, '12 6:30pm PST
|my posts | my page | msg me | my family's posts | gift me | become friends|| [notify]|