GO!

Tumors in her lungs and throat :(

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Purred: Wed Jun 27, '12 10:13pm PST 
Hey guys, it's been a while and I need your help.

2 years ago, my cat had two surgeries to remove a lump on her back. That was a success.

1 year ago until now, she started breathing abnormally. She makes a weird whistling sound when she breathes. Often, she also acts like she has a hairball but nothing comes out. She would play, eat, be happy regardless of her weird breathing though.

Today, she had indigestion so we took her to the emergency and through X-rays we found out that she has a tumor in her lungs and one small one in her throat.

Her stomach's better now but she's still under anasthaesa's effects. I'm afraid she's suffering from the tumors now though.
Should we put her to sleep?

Thanks in advance for any advice! smile

Edited by author Wed Jun 27, '12 10:19pm PST

[notify]

Baby

i am a cutie- kitty

Purred: Thu Jun 28, '12 7:44am PST 
do you have a regular vet you see? I would talk to them, let the know what happened at the emergency vet, and go from there. as for putting her to sleep, only you can dedcided that. good luck.

purrs
[notify]

Ramsey

Ramsey - The Bedroom Cat- Burglar

Purred: Thu Jun 28, '12 9:37pm PST 
I agree with Baby. Go see your regular vet who knows your cat's medical history before making any decisions. When the time is right, you will know it. My best vibes sent your way big hug
[notify]

Purred: Fri Jun 29, '12 10:37am PST 
We put her to sleep this morning. It came to the point that she wouldn't eat her favorite snacks anymore, she wouldn't play, she always kept on leaving us to go sit under a table and just sit, she had lost a lot of weight. Her breathing was bad and her stomach was still making weird noises often.

It was real tough to see it happen though.. I can't believe she's gone.
I'm still thinking of her but I am sure we made the best decision.

RIP ChouChou
You will always be in my heart
[notify]

Monster

It's all about- me.

Purred: Fri Jun 29, '12 11:04am PST 
My deepest sympathy on losing your kitty. Sending purrs your way.
[notify]