GO!

third eyelid

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Smithwick

Tigger is my- favorite!

Purred: Sun Jun 24, '12 8:58pm PST 
So when it rains it pours. I noticed Sat night & on & off today, SMitty's third eyelid is showing more than usual. He always has these huge bright eyes, and he almost looks like he is squinty. He is eating & all, but seems a little "punky" I am def calling the vet in the morning, but just wondered what anyone thought. He is not sneezing or anything, but his eyes did seem a little watery on Friday. URI???
[notify]

Smithwick

Tigger is my- favorite!

Purred: Mon Jun 25, '12 7:26am PST 
They look a bit better this morning, and he was tearing through the house with Tigger. I am going to watch him today, and see how things look by this afternoon. If he does have a cold, is it usually a "run it's course" thing? He is not warm or seeming sick ....so far anyways.... Where do they catch this stuff? He is only on the screened porch, and does not go in the yard on a leash like Tig does. He talks to a couple of the ferals, but they do not interact or anything. Maybe I am just being a paranoid momma...shrug
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Mon Jun 25, '12 9:13am PST 
Watch him good and if you see any tearing up of his eye, any sneezing at all, any wheezing, whatever! Get him to the vet. They catch stuff anywhere, just like us. hug
[notify]

Baby

i am a cutie- kitty

Purred: Mon Jun 25, '12 5:38pm PST 
he also my have his eye scratched too. that happened with baby a couple times, the third eye lid up, clear watery eye. just keep a close watch.
[notify]

Smithwick

Tigger is my- favorite!

Purred: Fri Jun 29, '12 2:27pm PST 
update: I have been giving Smitty L-Lysine. He only sneezed once Wednesday and his eyes are not as watery. The 3rd eyelid is still noticeable in both eyes, but maybe not as much. I do think the lysine is helping fight off this cold, but I am watching him like a hawk, so if anything changes I can get him in. Just wanted to let you know how my baby is doing.
[notify]