GO!

Diabetes glucose monitor

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Austin- Valentino- loving- memory

Nothing But The- BEST

Purred: Tue May 8, '12 6:52pm PST 
Hi
I recently lost my job and I am taking care of two cats...one with diabetes.....does anyone know where I might get a glucose monitor at no cost so that I can monitor my cat? Thank you so much!
[notify]

Gumpy Sweet- Boy

Love wrapped in- fur

Purred: Wed May 9, '12 7:21am PST 
Hi, the feline diabetes message board (FDMB) which part of felinediabetes.com, has free starter kits that they give away. Here is a link for more information about that: free hometesting kits.

You can also get a meter for about $10 at Walmart called the Relion. The Relion test strips are also reasonably priced. Once you get the meter, the test strips is where you end up spending money. I also found a really good meter at Kroger (grocery store) in the pharmacy that was really well priced. These store brand meters are made by good companies. I found the Kroger brand was very good and I liked it better than the Walmart Relion.

I hope you can find a meter so you can test your kitty; it really helps with keeping diabetes regulated.

Edited by author Wed May 9, '12 7:25am PST

[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Wed May 9, '12 9:21am PST 
Yes, check out the link Gumpy posted way to go

You may also get some help getting started with managing your diabetic cat from Diabetic Cats In Need.

I hope you will join the FelineDiabetes.com board smile You'll get a lot of help from members there way to go
[notify]

Austin- Valentino- loving- memory

Nothing But The- BEST

Purred: Wed Jan 16, '13 10:39pm PST 
I know it is super past due...but thank you to the couple of kitties who helped me out. Love Austin
[notify]