GO!

Inhaler Masks & Inhaler Help

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Purred: Mon Feb 27, '12 8:05pm PST 
Is the AeroKat really worth the price, or is there something cheaper that works just as well?

Our cat is asthmatic and his pills are starting to not work as well for him, so my vet prescribed an inhaler.

Can one person cup their hands around the cats face, and the other do the inhaler? Or do you really need a mask?

I've never had to give a critter an inhaler before, so advise would be good!
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Tue Feb 28, '12 9:20am PST 
The AeroKat is the only effective way to give your cat inhaled medicine. Using your hands won't work because the medicine will leak around your fingers and the cat won't get the full dose.

Here's a web site with more info about how to treat asthma and there are pictures nad videos of how the AeroKat works: http://www.fritzthebrave.com
[notify]

Jeckel- [12/5/98 - 3/27/12]

Feed me! Now!

Purred: Thu Mar 1, '12 4:45pm PST 
The Aerokat works well and is the most effective and cost efficient way to medicate an asthmatic cat. My kitty Jeckel has mild asthma and he was afraid of it at first, but he seems realise that he feels better after he gets his two puffs. I would highly recommend getting it and I bought is inhaler and Aerokat from Vetrx and it was a very good price. Good luck to the both of you!

-Jeckel's Momwishes
[notify]