GO!

skin flap

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Hidey

Purred: Tue Apr 26, '11 6:55am PST 
Hidey is an overweight shelter cat i adopted a few months ago after the death of my beloved Jingles. She is fat. probably 12 pounds but she has a small frame. her frame is like the size of my 5 month old kitten! maybe he's just big

ive noticed she has a skin flap from her leg to her abdomen and remember reading only certain breeds have this but she was listed as a dsh.

just wondering if this will shrink with weight loss or what.

im pretty sure it's not spay sway because it's not on her tummy although it is hard to see her body shape because well, she has fat everywhere big laugh
[notify]

Alex (sweet- angel girl)

Angel on a- mission!

Purred: Tue Apr 26, '11 10:20am PST 
I don't know about that but the best way to get her to lose weight slowly and safely is to put her on a grain free all wet diet. Grains are full of carbohydrates that is just pure sugar! A good grain free, low carb, high quality protein will help her to lose weight and build muscle, help her organs as well to not work so hard, keep her healthier longer. That would absolutely help her situation without a drastic diet! Trust me, sugars don't belong in cat food. They're obligate carnivores. way to go
[notify]

BooBoo

headed for the- light.

Purred: Tue Apr 26, '11 11:28am PST 
If it's a 'flapper', it will probably just get 'empty' but not go away when she loses weight; the skin has already stretched out. The flap you are talking about being bred in is only on Egyptian Maus, no others. It doesn't look the same either; those are fairly slim shaped kitties so you can tell it isn't just fat.
I have hanging flab from losing weight, and when I trot it 'ripples' and makes Meowma laugh, she can't help it.
[notify]