GO!

Chin Acne

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 27)  
1  2  3  
Kisu

Japanese Bobtail

Purred: Tue Apr 20, '10 7:34am PST 
Besides glass, you can use stainless steel which is usually recommended, but I dont think Ive ever seen a stainless steel plate. We eat out of plates also..and have never had chin acne. Maybe we should start making stainless steel platesconfused
Anyway GOOD ANSWER Kally Kat !
[notify]

Kisu

Japanese Bobtail

Purred: Tue Apr 20, '10 7:40am PST 
I googled stainless steel plates and lookie, kids plates and stuff all in stainless steel
so for 8.95 you can make a kiddie plate into a kittie plate.. i tink im gonna by one !

http://lifewithoutplastic.com/boutique/childrens-stainless-steel -plate-diameter-p-231.html

happy dance
[notify]

Milo♥DB#35b

ORANGE POWER!

Purred: Tue Apr 20, '10 8:26am PST 
Thanks,Kyande Kisu! Cool plates!
A bonus for us that the site is in Canada!
Off to order now smile

cheercheercheercheer

Smooches
Milo
[notify]

Maizy

I may meow to- you if you're- worthy

Purred: Tue Apr 20, '10 10:57am PST 
A good place to check for stainless plates might be the camping dept. When my son was in Scouts, we got him a set for his outings. Haven't looked recently, but it is a thought. I even thought of checking a restaurant supply type place like GFS which you do not need a membership or Sam's they may have glass dishes. I am going to Sam's this weekend, so I will check what they have & let everyone know. I am changing my kitties over from plastic bowls myself. I currently have one little stainless dish that was a baby plate from when my kids were small. That is a thought too. I will keep ya posted on my finds.
[notify]

Mason

Purred: Tue Apr 20, '10 7:18pm PST 
So I switched to glass dishes a couple months ago and no dice. He still has the acne so I'm almost positive it's from the Purina food. Luckily his acne is not getting worse but it still doesn't look prettyfrown He does not cooperate when I try to clean his chin, I'm lucky if I can even get a dab of ointment on. I'm going to talk to the vet and see about giving him a bit of Blue Buffalo's basics dry food for cats with food allergies. He gets mostly wet anyway but I feed him a small amount at night to tide him over until morning. Thanks for all the info everyone!smile
[notify]

Nemo (until- we meet- again)

What\'s for- dinner

Purred: Fri Apr 23, '10 12:43pm PST 
If the acne was mostly “black heads” you can get rid of it easily in a natural way without antibiotic. Brush the acne with a flea comb and then clean the whole area with a few drops of betadine diluted in ½ cup of warm water. Do this at least once a day. Wipe Mason’s chin with warm water whenever you get a chance. If he leaves residue on his mouth after eating, wipe it off immediately. The idea is to keep the area as clean as possible.

When I first adopted my second cat TinTin he had chin acne, too. We did this for a couple of weeks (perhaps less than 2 weeks I don’t quite remember) and it went away.

If the acne is infected you can try applying diluted “bee propolis” drops on it. It is a natural remedy for disinfection. It is safe to eat (for human or animals). It is a good alternative to ointments. The only draw back is that it’s yucky brown and it stays on the skin. It may be even uglier than the acne but it works. laugh out loud We use it whenever our cats have an open wound.

Nemo's staff--Susie

Edited by author Fri Apr 23, '10 12:44pm PST

[notify]

Nemo (until- we meet- again)

What\'s for- dinner

Purred: Fri Apr 23, '10 1:09pm PST 
Hmm...I guess my method is difficult to do if Mason doesn't like it being cleaned. TinTin, being so affection-seeking, saw the whole ordeal as "huggy time".

Still, if you get a chance, try the diluted betadine. It really works.
[notify]

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 27)  
1  2  3