GO!

Radial Hypoplasia

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Captain- Crook

Opt to adopt!

Purred: Wed Jan 20, '10 3:25pm PST 
I was just curious if anyone else here had a cat with radial hypoplasia. My cat Crook has it, and although just being a tad clumsy, I haven't seen any real draw backs. Was just wondering if anyone had or has a cat with the same condition.
[notify]

Sootball

I am so cute,- scratch my belly- mol

Purred: Thu Jan 21, '10 12:21am PST 
I have not had any animals with this, but I was looking on line and found a lot of sites to help you with info. Here is just one of many;
http://www.petpeoplesplace.com/resources/articles/cats/49-dis abled-cats-caring-for-twisty-cat.htm
Bless you for taking on such a task!
applause
[notify]

Miss Tiny- Burr Burr

Love and adore.

Purred: Thu Jan 21, '10 7:45am PST 
i had a cat milo who had this. He was fine untill some people bullyed me into getting his leg amputated. he died shortly after surgery.

as i understand he would have been fine without it. A lession learned. only do this if the cat is in pain and cannot get around. cats with this have it since birth and are not in pain.

he should be fine
[notify]

Sootball

I am so cute,- scratch my belly- mol

Purred: Thu Jan 21, '10 5:52pm PST 
Thank You Burr Burr.. I did not know that! We all hope things remain well as can be for you!
Head butts and Purrs from all or us!
Soot and clan!
[notify]

Captain- Crook

Opt to adopt!

Purred: Fri Jan 22, '10 5:05pm PST 
He certainly doesn't appear to be in any pain and he gets around just fine =)
[notify]

Psika

Psika comes from- Psik-lerville

Purred: Sun Dec 19, '10 7:07pm PST 
How is your cat with radial hypoplasia doing? about 2 months ago I took in a stray who walks with a limp. Now I realize she has short front legs, and her left leg looks a bit deformed, sort of as if her wrist bend back to far. However, she can run up and down the stairs no problem! She just doesn't jump up on anything. She is a sweetheart.

I think she may have RH.
[notify]

Miss Tiny- Burr Burr

Love and adore.

Purred: Tue Dec 21, '10 10:33pm PST 
The radius is part of the front leg bone in the cat. Hypo-means less then and plasia reffers to formation (usually of cells)

so basicly anytime the bone dosnt grown correctly in the radius (which makes up the "forarm" along with the ulna bone) so if kitty has short 'forarms" they may have RH
[notify]

O'Kneel

Purred: Sat Aug 20, '11 1:30pm PST 
I have radial hypoplasia and it doesn't slow me down at all.
[notify]

Purred: Sat Sep 15, '12 11:22am PST 
Have Radial Hypoplasia kitties up for adoption two brothers

(509) 624-0092 for information

Cook's Crippled Cat Sanctuary
Spokane WA
[notify]