GO!

He tilts his head when he walks and seems off balance.

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Rocky (R.I.P- baby- 10/08/09)

R.I.P Mr. Kitty.- 11/7/91 - 10/8/09

Purred: Sun Oct 4, '09 4:44pm PST 
My 15 year old cat, Rocky, seems to be a little off balance when he walks. He doesn't look to be in pain and it's not a limp but he just veers to the right instead of walking in a straight line. Also, today I noticed his head slightly tilts to the right, same way he veers. He seems really cautious when he walks or jumps onto the bed/couch. But earlier this morning he was playing and running around - then tonight I noticed the head tilt.

Does anyone have any ideas?
[notify]

Watson

He's no- Sherlock!

Purred: Mon Oct 5, '09 5:15pm PST 
Here are a couple of links I've found. Don't know how much fits your cat's problem, though:
http://www.petplace.com/cats/head-tilt-in-cats-vestibular-s igns/page1.aspx
http://www.justanswer.com/questions/y0aj-cat-severe -head-tilt-right

Just copy and paste the links. The answers range from a simple infection of the ear, to much more serious conditions. Hope this helps!
[notify]

Sassy- (2001-2012)

Gorgeous- Armageddon

Purred: Mon Oct 5, '09 7:38pm PST 
Take Rocky to a vet to get this checked out. Ear infections can cause balance issues/tilting like this but so can more serious things like a stroke or brain tumour. Hopefully its just an ear infection or something stuck in this ear but even if its just that you'll need a vet to treat it. The vet should be able to figure out what the problem is with a simple exam for most of the possibilities so its worth doing that to figure out what's going on.
[notify]

Rosita

Mom says I'm- bee-yooo-ti-ful!

Purred: Mon Oct 5, '09 8:14pm PST 
He may have an ear infection, so you definitely need to get him looked at by a vet. At our shelter we had a cat come in walking like that, with his head tipped. He didn't seem to be in pain - very good natured and playful, actually. But when the vet took a deeper look, he had a deep ear infection.

Good luck!
[notify]

Purred: Mon Oct 5, '09 8:28pm PST 
I was praying it was mild. I took him to the vet this morning. She found a brain tumor. They were able to remove some of it but it's slightly pushing on his eye.

She said he didn't seem to be in pain at all but because of the progression he will soon... Said they could only do so much about it but it would only buy him a little more time. He was given a medication to help the pain for 72 hours.

So I get to spend a couple more nights with my little man and spoil him.
[notify]

All Russo

Purred: Mon Oct 5, '09 8:49pm PST 
I am so sorry!
[notify]

Rosita

Mom says I'm- bee-yooo-ti-ful!

Purred: Mon Oct 5, '09 8:51pm PST 
I am so very sorry... sending purrs and lots of love.
[notify]

Leo Lovebug- ♥

It's all about- the ear floof!

Purred: Mon Oct 5, '09 8:56pm PST 
We are purring for you and your sweet kitty. hug
[notify]

Purred: Tue Oct 6, '09 11:46am PST 
Thank you. I need all of the support I can right now. Work doesn't understand as much, but whatever.
[notify]

Baby Mew Mew

Loves his box!

Purred: Wed Oct 7, '09 12:44am PST 
Purrs for you. ):
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2