GO!

Horner's Syndrome

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2  
Oliver

Named for the- other famous- green tractor

Purred: Fri Jun 5, '09 7:00am PST 
His pupils are nearly equal as of today. He is going to get "laser Therapy" for his ear problem. It is experimental and so we will see what happens.

He is much much better and that is huge!
[notify]

Kira

Blue eyed- trouble maker

Purred: Fri Jun 5, '09 7:30am PST 
Hooray for Oliver's friend!! I'm so happy the poor guy is getting better. Polyp surgery is not too terrible. I have had 2 taken out of my eustachain tube in addition to the big surgery for the one in my inner ear. Right now Mommy has to watch me for the first year in case I grow another but so far so good. If they get it all out, that kitty will feel a whole lot better. Mine were just "plucked" from under my soft palate though for the smaller surgeries. No lasers.
[notify]

Mika

Purred: Fri Jun 5, '09 9:52am PST 
I had laser surgery on my left ear in October and it went really well. I didn't have very much pain at all after the surgery and everything healed up really nicely. I hope your friend's surgery goes as well as mine did!
[notify]

Purred: Mon Dec 3, '12 1:12pm PST 
Did the laser therapy help?

i am a vet tech and we have a cat with horners that is caused by an ear infection.
I am considering laser therapy to reduce inflammation
[notify]

Arthur

Purred: Mon Dec 3, '12 6:14pm PST 
Mika's surgery did fix his Horner's Syndrome, but the growth they removed from his ear turned out to be a ceruminous gland tumor (also known as an ear wax tumor). Earlier this year the tumor came back, but Mika's kidneys weren't working well enough to have surgery again. He went to the bridge in June. Please do whatever you can to stop the inflammation in your kitty's ears because chronic inflammation can lead to cancer.
[notify]

Tia

Typical Female

Purred: Wed Dec 5, '12 4:39am PST 
I had a cat (before Tia came along) that had Horner’s Syndrome. Sadly, he developed cancer, too. I decided it was kindest to have him euthanized. You need to try to stop the inflammation at all costs!
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2