GO!

How Can I Tell How Pregnant My Cat Is and When She Is Due?

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Maggie

Purred: Thu May 28, '09 6:52am PST 
I found out two weeks ago my cat was pregnant after noticing that she had been sick a few times was gaining weight was sleeping rather alot and her teats had grown to roughly 5mm long.

I took her to the vets and had her pregnancy confirmed, I was advised that she was expecting two possibly three kittens. They said that she was between 3 - 5 weeks gone, however as she very rarly ventures out and I have had no signs of her being in heat I can not decide when it happend.

Can anyone give me any advise on how to estimate how far gone she is? I obviously want to be around for her when she gives birth, but could do with more of an idea of when!!!

Also can anyone give me advise on what to do with her brother! He has been neutered so is not the father and has started to venture off a little, my concern is will it be safe to leave him around her kittens when they arrive? Should I keep them totally seperate from him for a while? Both of the cats are close and have always been together so dont want him to feel pushed out.

Any help will be appreciated, as you can tell this is our first litter!!!!!!
[notify]

Bumpurr

RESPECT The- Star!

Purred: Fri May 29, '09 9:45am PST 
Cat gestation is approx 65 days. Here is a link on care for the queen, the
momma cat, and what to do, and how to care for the newborn kittens.

If she is not a show cat, and your not looking to show the kittens, you might
want to consider getting her spayed, after she has the kittens, and the vet
feels its safe for her.

Keeping a female intact, and not breeding her, which should only be done
if the female is a registered show cat, and the kittens will be shown, can
lead to alot of serious health issues.

Hope this info is helpful, if the info is not in the link, it might be a good
idea to keep the other cat away from the momma cat, as she gets closer
and delivers her kittens. Some cats will try to kill the kittens, and the
other cat might be fine with them, but prob best not to take the chance.

Best of luck with the kittens, let me know if you need anything else.

big grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grin

http://www.peteducation.com/ category.cfm?c=1+2138
[notify]