GO!

one watery eye

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Smokey

little princess

Purred: Sun Jan 6, '08 10:35pm PST 
Does anykitty know what would cause my right eye to be all watery? Its been get leaky since yesterday, off and on thru out the day and mommy wipes it dry. I am not sneezing or have a runny nose and I am eating , drinking, using the litter box just fine and playing and sleeping the same as usual. It is clear not any other color.thinking
[notify]

Monkey

I miss My- Bro-Fur...

Purred: Sun Jan 6, '08 11:32pm PST 
found this as an answer... strange someone else asked it almost the same way you did LoL

Don't worry- there are many " concerned Catmoms " out there ! With regard to your cats eye, you do need to be careful about eyes as they can get worse very quickly. The most important thing is whether it seems red and painful and she is blinking it a lot - If any of these apply then there is something wrong that needs checking by a vet soon. If it is open wide and does not seems at all sore or inflamed, then she could have
got a bit of a "chill" in it, something may have irritated it, or there are certain infections that can make cats eyes water. (Is there any sneezing?) They can also get a blocked tear duct, which means that the tears will overflow on that side.

If she seems fine otherwise, it would be worth bathing it gently with warm water and cotton wool to wipe away the tears and see if
that helps. If it still persists after a few days of this, it would be better to get it checked out by your vet to be on the safe side.

Hope this helps,
Maeve Moorcroft MVB MRCVS

Hope this helps
kitty
[notify]

Matilda

The Silent- Princess

Purred: Mon Jan 7, '08 3:53pm PST 
I have had one watery eye a couple times in my life. Mom didn't know what caused it, but it went away on it's own in about a day. She figures I may have gotten something in there that didn't belong (like cat hair MOL), and my eye was just watering to flush it out. If it persists, I would call the vet. Mom has gotten cat hair in her eye and it did the same thing MOL laugh out loud Good luck!
[notify]

Diego

I'm bringing- sexy back

Purred: Mon Jan 7, '08 4:58pm PST 
I have gotten the one watery eye several times. The first couple of times mom took me to the vet. After the second visit the vet noticed that when I came in the first time it was the exact same time of year. There was nothing in my eye and after a thorough exam she determined it to be allergies.

If it doesn't go away in a couple of days or gets any worse you should see your vet.

Good Luck!
[notify]

Malooss

Purred: Wed Oct 27, '10 4:11pm PST 
I have a 4 month kitten. Her left eye is always watery. I've shown this to the vet 3 times and they keep saying it's fine and she's outgrow it. Does that sound right? Hmmm.
[notify]