GO!

I squirt poo when I get excited

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Katrina

Play with- meeeee. Not- them. Meeeee.

Purred: Wed Nov 28, '07 10:38am PST 
In the last few days, when I'm purring and being petted and scratched ... sometimes I squirt a little poo. It's not much, but enough to make my humans go "ewwwwww." This hasn't been a problem before.

My dad is very concerned this could be the beginning of me squirting poo everywhere! Teehee. I don't think so... but I don't understand why this squirty-squirt is happening.

Anyone have any ideas why?
[notify]

Diego

I'm bringing- sexy back

Purred: Wed Nov 28, '07 11:15am PST 
Hi Katrina. Are you sure it's poo that you are squiting? Us kitties have anal glands that sometimes squirt out a foul smelling substance when we get excited. If that is the case you can go to the vet and have them express them for you.

Read down in the Health fourms and you will see one titled "expressing my anal glands". That might give you a bit more info.

Good luck!
[notify]

Harley

Lets Go Bills!

Purred: Wed Nov 28, '07 3:15pm PST 
Hi! Im the kitty who just had is anal gland expressed! Mom didnt know much about it but apparantly since ive put on some weight this year, the vet says im not able to empty them on my own when i go potty... something about my fat getting in the way. At first I was just really gassy then mom noticed that I was squirting brown liquid out that smelled worse then my poop whenever she picked me up or when I was playing and got too excited. Hopefully I wont have to go back to the vet to have them drained since mom has me on a new workout plan smile
[notify]