|Purred: Wed Aug 15, '07 11:47am PST |
|I hope you are feeling better today.
I saw on the ASCPA site that aspartame is not harmful to dogs and other pets -- here is the Q&A I found:
" Pet Poison Q & A: Sweet Talk
I understand that the sweetener xylitol is toxic to pets, but what about other sweeteners like sucralose and aspartame?
Great question, Kristin. Sweeteners such as sucralose (Splenda), aspartame (NutraSweet) and saccharin (Sweet N' Low) are not known to cause problems in dogs or other pets, as the sweetener xylitol has been shown to do. However, they could potentially cause mild gastrointestinal upset if eaten in significant quantities, so it is still a good idea to refrain from offering pets such sweeteners."
Please let us all know how you are doing.
|my posts | my page | msg me | my family's posts | gift me | become friends|| [notify]|