GO!

Feeding tube

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Binx

I live to eat- and sleep.

Purred: Thu Mar 8, '07 9:51am PST 
A feeding tube was placed today for Binx. He began to go into liver failure and stopped eating. Does anyone have any advice or experience to pass along? I have never dealt with this, nor do I know anyone who has. Thank you.
[notify]

Charley. Fly- free sweet- boy.

BIG Orange- and white- cutie.

Purred: Thu Mar 8, '07 10:05am PST 
My great friend Buddy http://www.catster.com/cats/62740 had a feeding tube in for quite a while last year. I'm sure that his mom and dad won't mind you p-mailing them .
We will be purring for you Binks.

The Cornish crew.
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrPurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrPurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrr
[notify]

Binx

I live to eat- and sleep.

Purred: Thu Mar 8, '07 10:17am PST 
Thanks Charley. I'm off to send a pmail now.
[notify]

Lucky Boo,- Loved &- Missed

Mommy's Guardian- Angel

Purred: Thu Mar 8, '07 11:29am PST 
Binx, I too was going to recommend that you pmail Buddie! He did have his feeding tube in for quite a while (several months, I believe). Eventually he was able to have it removed, and now he's doing so much better!

I just wanted to say good luck and I will be purring for you to make a complete, fast recovery! hug

Gracie

Miss Mischief

Purred: Thu Mar 8, '07 11:57am PST 
My Katya had a feeding tube due to Fatty Liver and as scary as it looked it wasn't hard to take care of. It actually made things easier since it was no longer a battle to get her to eat. She had no choice. In the end, it was too late and she lost her life soon after receiving it, but I don't regret trying. I only wish she had received it sooner.
[notify]

Binks

Little boy in a- cat suit

Purred: Thu Mar 8, '07 12:11pm PST 
Binx, we have no experience with this. But you are so pretty - and you have my name (spelled differently) - so I wanted you to know that we will be thinking of you and are hoping for the best.
[notify]

Hazel Lucy

tiny gumdrop

Purred: Thu Mar 8, '07 1:29pm PST 
You'll do fine with the feeding tube, I just know it!
[notify]

Gimme- (Guillermo- Hemmingway)

I said, I WANT- MY SNACKIES!!

Purred: Thu Mar 8, '07 1:49pm PST 
We were going to suggest talking to Buddie, also. He and his mom are pawsome! We'll be purring for you, Binx!!!

Purrs and bonks,
Gimme, Ele', and Ambro
[notify]

Maxwell Thomas (1993-1999)

I love mom!

Purred: Thu Mar 8, '07 5:38pm PST 
bump
[notify]

Hunter

Lazy, Lazy, Lazy

Purred: Thu Mar 8, '07 7:52pm PST 
There are several different types of feeding tubes, which one did you get?
Nasogastric tube which goes through the nose into the esophagus. Esophagostomy tube which is placed directly into the esophagus. PEG tube which is placed directly into the stomach through the abdominal cavity.
I may be able to answer some q's for you...give me a pmail if you'd like.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2