GO!

Need help with vet bills?

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

(Page 12 of 12: Viewing entries 111 to 118)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  
Amber

Georgian Blue

Purred: Sat Dec 1, '12 12:59pm PST 
When vet bills are very high, I think cat owners need to consider the prognosis of their beloved friend. It's a good idea to have pet insurance, such as Pet Plan. Thanks for providing all the organizations that will help with vet bills, that is just great! Also, some vets allow you to negotiate a payment plan. I knew one vet that would trade the cleaning of kennels for veterinary work. Some vets will charge outrageous prices, so it is always best to get a second opinion if the cost is very high. If needed, travel to a smaller town where the prices are lower. Many veterinary schools will provide cheaper veterinary care, as well. You can also try having a yard sale, ask for cash for your birthday or Christmas, sell some of your things online, get a second job, or ask your employer for a salary advance.
[notify]

Angel

Angel - I'm the princess- and I decide

Purred: Wed May 8, '13 7:42pm PST 
I would like to know if there is a source in Iowa for cat and dogs? Thank you.
[notify]

Angel

Angel - I'm the princess- and I decide

Purred: Wed May 8, '13 7:45pm PST 
Oh my goodness, I see a lot of organizations, etc. that may be able to help me and others I know who need help. Passing along....thank you!
[notify]

Felix

mon petit chat- noir

Purred: Thu May 23, '13 4:22pm PST 
I copied this list, as I am looking for help for Felix's surgeries. I came across a few places that will only help with spay or neuter. Since I took him in as a stray & I manage a feral colony & took them all in for spay/neuter (I paid the subsidized balance for all 8 & for all their food on my own) I am looking into those organizations to find help too. I am trying them all, so I can post an update. I will tell you that IMOM has low funds, and can only accept a kitty with an emergency illness, that will not live past 10 days without treatment.
[notify]

Cow

Hissssssssss!

Purred: Wed Jul 10, '13 2:02pm PST 
bump!

Does anyone have updates to this PAWESOME list?

Meow, Hazel Lucy?!?!

kitty

Naya

Play with Me!

Purred: Fri Jul 12, '13 12:10am PST 
Bump! Bump! Bump! Bump! Bump! Bump! Bump! I’m providing a link to Banfield, which does first exams for free.
http://www.banfield.com/landing/coupon-c?source=google11&9gty pe=search&9gkw=help%20with%20vet%20bills&9gad=25239264515.1&9gpla=&9 gag=4173712715&atrkid=V1ADW6F744C68-4173712715-k-help%20with%20vet%2 0bills-25239264515-e-g-m-1t3&gclid=CKaO2-GyqbgCFeHm7AodKFcAQg

You can get a coupon for your cat/kitten’s first exam for free.
[notify]

Merlin - An Angel- Forever

*Poof*

Purred: Fri Jul 19, '13 5:25pm PST 
Here's one for San Franciso pet owners: http://www.catster.com/lifestyle/san-francisco-aid-for-animals-vets-sfafa-cat-health
[notify]

Midnight- Helen -- In Memory

Old Lady with- Cattitude!!

Purred: Sat Aug 31, '13 6:25pm PST 
I'm very happy to see all these places who are willing to help people in dire straits with veterinary care. However, in my situation I don't feel like I have the time to wait to get approved by one of these groups and I do not qualify for CareCredit or anything similar. I have called many vets in my area and nobody wants to work with me as far as a payment plan or billing me for services. I realize my cat is 18 years old, but I still think it's pitiful to think that I will most likely have to have her euthanized simply because I do not have $65 for a urinalysis. At best, she will just have to wait until I get paid again in 15 days. I have had medical issues myself with surgery, missing lots of work, losing my job a few months ago, losing my car, and then being evicted from my home. Right now my son and I are homeless and living with an old friend of mine temporarily until we can get back on our feet. So as a lot of people like to say, it's not that I just haven't wanted to take her to the vet because I'm lazy or just don't want to spend the money. If you have 85 cents to your name and the vet wants $130 before they will even TOUCH her, what in God's name options do I have? Because of her age, I have not taken her to the vet in several years because I just didn't have the heart to put her through that unless she was honestly sick and of course this means that her rabies shot is not up to date, and guess what? The vet won't do a DAMN thing until she is vaccinated. Add $25 for a rabies shot to the growing list of what she needs done.

I feel like the only thing I can do at this point, until I get paid again, is sit here and watch her suffer. I do not have a "smart phone" or any electronics, including a computer, that I can sell. I am working two jobs as it is. I'm sorry I vented, I really didn't mean to. I just feel like I'm at my wits end and I can't get anyone to just simply hear what I need to say. Thanks for reading.
[notify]

(Page 12 of 12: Viewing entries 111 to 118)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12