GO!

Why have I lost my voice?

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Jesse In- loving- memory

Garfield's no 1- fan

Purred: Fri Jul 14, '06 9:51am PST 
Help please, my cousin Ginger used to have big loud voice. But just recently he seems to have lost his voice, he opens his mouth to say meeow, but no sound comes out at all! Otherwise he seems to be well and happy, but this is just not like him at all, he was very vocal before. Has anybody had a similar experience, do you think he should see a vet?
[notify]

R.I.P. Mr.- Snuggles xx

Stop Brushing- Me!!!

Purred: Fri Jul 14, '06 9:55am PST 
Hello. I think Ginger should see the vet. Just incase something is wrong. We don't think there is ;-) but it would be good to put your minds at rest.
Good Luck.
[notify]

Hunter

Lazy, Lazy, Lazy

Purred: Fri Jul 14, '06 10:16am PST 
I have heard other cases of cats losing thier voice, and all of them had an Upper Respiratory Infection (URI). In most of the cases, it was just starting. Probably best to see your vet to make sure there is nothing medically wrong.
[notify]

Mr. Murphy

Gotta a problem?

Purred: Fri Jul 14, '06 10:17am PST 
I agree with Snuggles. Go see a vet immediately! This was Mr. Murphys first sign. Not to alarm you because it could be something else. However, when I did finally take him to the vet, he was infested with tumors. Just take your kitty in to rule out anything serious.
[notify]

Mercy (In- Memoriam)

queen of cats?

Purred: Tue Jul 18, '06 12:17am PST 
Yes, you should go to the vet.
I've lost my voice so my three other kitties.
when I was a little cat, I caught a flu and after I healed, I lost my voice. I don't know either why my kitties have the same problem with me. Just see the vet!!
[notify]

Ginger (In- memory)

Marmalade- Monster

Purred: Tue Jul 18, '06 1:59pm PST 
Hello, it's Ginger here!!

He's been to the vets and has a bad throat infection and cat flu. The vet said that some cats are prone to cat flu regardless of vaccination status, they can be carriers once they've been infected with it and then it can recur. He has had it at least once and possibly before I got him, he was a stray. Anyway, he has antibiotics and has had an injection to reduce the swelling. But they couldn't find anything sinister. There is certainly nothing wrong with Ginger's appetite tonight!!! We are obviously relieved to know that he will be OK. Thanks everyone for your replies.
[notify]

Ginger (In- memory)

Marmalade- Monster

Purred: Tue Jul 18, '06 2:00pm PST 
Hello, it's Ginger here!!

He's been to the vets and has a bad throat infection and cat flu. The vet said that some cats are prone to cat flu regardless of vaccination status, they can be carriers once they've been infected with it and then it can recur. He has had it at least once and possibly before I got him, he was a stray. Anyway, he has antibiotics and has had an injection to reduce the swelling. But they couldn't find anything sinister. There is certainly nothing wrong with Ginger's appetite tonight!!! We are obviously relieved to know that he will be OK. Thanks everyone for your replies.
[notify]

Hunter

Lazy, Lazy, Lazy

Purred: Tue Jul 18, '06 6:23pm PST 
Ginger, glad it was just a cold and nothing more serious.

Edited by author Tue Jul 18, '06 6:24pm PST

[notify]