GO!

Question? Overdue.

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Toni

Tone-Tone

Purred: Fri Apr 28, '06 8:21am PST 
What problems are associated with an overdue preganant kitty?
[notify]

R.I.P. Mr.- Snuggles xx

Stop Brushing- Me!!!

Purred: Fri Apr 28, '06 9:10am PST 
Are you absolutely sure she is overdue? They sometimes take a couple days longer than the exact amount. Do you know exactly which day she was caught?

Please let us know thinking of you!!

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs Mr. Snuggles
[notify]

Toni

Tone-Tone

Purred: Fri Apr 28, '06 10:52am PST 
To be honest I really have no clue. I had a vet-to-pet person come to my house approximatly 2 weeks after Toni arrived, that was Fe. 21st and the vet (not a very good vet) told me she thought she was pregnant....or possibly had worms. She said her tummy was hard and she had a pregnant shape to her. The vet gave her some worm medicine to see if her tummy would soften up and it never did so we assumed she was pregnant. I counted 9 weeks from Feb. 21st and that would have been this past Tues. and that's assuming she got pregnant on Feb. 21st which if the vet was right then obviously got pregnant before that. Toni is HUGE and if I watch her carefully enough and for long enough I can see the babies moving. Her nipples have been a little swollen for about a week to a week a half now but so far I can't feel any milk. ??? I'm sure I'm just being paranoid and I need to be patient but I'm also worried that something could be wrong?
[notify]

Tigga- (1996-2013)

The Chemist

Purred: Fri Apr 28, '06 2:55pm PST 
I've read it can be up to 69 days gestation period but i know that doesn't answer your question....
[notify]

Benjamin

Make way for- me!

Purred: Fri Apr 28, '06 3:01pm PST 
Perhaps it's time to see another vet?
[notify]

Twix

T.A.-AAFE

Purred: Fri Apr 28, '06 3:14pm PST 
Hi Toni ,
I read that the gestation period could last as long as 70 days,
if you go to Yahoo or a other search engine and type Pregnant cat in it, you might find something to help you out.

Purring for a safe delivery,
Twixy
[notify]

Jordan

Devilish- Darling!

Purred: Fri Apr 28, '06 6:31pm PST 
My Mum says that kitties are similar to people with babies and sometimes they take a little longer than usual to have their babies, so you need to be patient and let your kitty tell you when its time.
Watch for signs of discomfort, when she is about to pop the cork she will start to act a little different, some kitties get angry with other animals within the house and will hunt them away from their safe area, she might even start showing signs of making a nest.

And if she does become over due then you will notice a change in her as well. If she is close then keep a close watch on her for signs of change.

I also suggest to maybe have a general chat to your vet about pregnanacy in cats so you can feel a little more at ease.

Good luck
[notify]

♥Willi- e♥

Boycott Iams!

Purred: Sat Apr 29, '06 7:49am PST 
You never know though. It was probobly alot earlier than the 21st, it takes about 3 weeks before you see any sighns of your cat being pregnant!
[notify]

Ajax

Boycott Iams!

Purred: Sat Apr 29, '06 7:54am PST 
Here is a bit more information on weather to know if it'll be soon or not:
About a week before the birth your mom-to-be will start to hunt around for a suitable nesting place. Open closets, draws etc. look like good places for a nest to her, so keep them closed.Every Cat Pregnancy Should Be A Wanted Pregnancy.

A few days before the birth your cat's appetite will subside and she may go off her food altogether.

Does this tell you anything? Are you a week away? Prehaps days?
[notify]

Emmett McGee- 4/15/94- 9/3/08

Outta My Way.

Purred: Sat Apr 29, '06 8:18am PST 
Hang in there Toni! Sounds like your kittens are just taking their own time. Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2