GO!

Does Feliway work for you?

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Ho Ho

Minion

Purred: Thu Mar 9, '06 2:55pm PST 
I am the pariah kitty in my cat family and I am the target of two other cat's agression. They may be jealous of each other and trying to get attention from our parents. My cat parents love us all but are worried about me because I am starting to over groom certain places, even to the point of losing fur and making little sores. Plus I have to look both ways before I go anywhere: food, water, the box. My mom got a Feliway diffuser to see if it would help everyone mellow out. It's a synthetic cat facial gland hormone that is supposed to make cats feel calmer and more secure. Mom hasn't heard any strong negatives about it's usefulness, but she has heard some positives about using it. The pet store told her they sell lots of it and never have returns, so maybe it works!
[notify]

Alexis

If it moves, I- can kill it!

Purred: Fri Mar 10, '06 3:53am PST 
Hi Ho Ho (that sounds cute)! We moved a few months ago and I was completely terrified. I was hiding for hours before Mom and Dad could find me, although my sisters were out of the room as soon as they could to explore our new place. Mom sprayed Feli-Way on the outside of the doorway and into the other rooms and within minutes, I was out chasing my sisters up and down the stairs.
[notify]

Arthur (Miss- You!- '93-'09)

Bucket of Fuzz

Purred: Fri Mar 10, '06 6:31am PST 
Our mommy got us a Feliway diffuser when our foster brother, Ben, first came to stay with us. I liked it a lot! I would sit right next to it and just breathe it in! I don't know if it really made me calmer or not, but it was cool, anyway.

My sister, Beastie, does the overgrooming thing, too. When Ben first came, she licked/nibbled all the fur off of her belly. The Feliway didn't seem to have any effect on her, though. Maybe she's immune.

I kind of think it's sort of like catnip, that it works on some cats and not on others. It's too bad they don't have it in trial sizes.

Blade- (2000-2010)

BE RESPONSIBLE,- SPAY AND NEUTER!

Purred: Sat Mar 11, '06 4:37pm PST 
I was being bullied by a neighbourhood unneutered tom cat which was frequenting my garden and trying to claim it as HIS turf!!! I started to go off out of my own garden to find somewhere more friendly to be.
mum an dad got me a feliway diffuser and I started to spend more time indoors inthe room with the Feliway. I started to sleep in the feliway room at night, something I'd never done in 4 years! (I usually slept upstairs)
Fortunately my bully got fixed and stopped picking on me, but mum thinks the Feliway helped with my stress at the time.
[notify]

Stinky Brave- Angel- (2001-2010)

I had her at- 'meow'

Purred: Sat Mar 11, '06 8:46pm PST 
We have a large multi-cat household. I have been using the diffusers for years. When I start seeing squabbles, and the aggression level rising, I check, and sure enough, the diffusers are almost empty. So Yes, I think they really work, and if the manufacturers ever stop making them, there may be mass bloodshed in our house! It takes 4 each month at our home, so I asked our vet to order them bulk for me, and it saves some money.
[notify]