GO!

Ingrown claws

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Butch

The Best Cat in- the World

Purred: Mon Oct 17, '05 1:26pm PST 
I think Butch has an ingrown claw. I clip his claws pretty regularly, but I was looking at them last night and his middle claw has become very thick and dark and is curled around almost back into his paw. He is a black cat with dark claws, so I usually only clip the sharp tip off. This thick claw is too blunt and does not have a sharp tip, and it is so dark I cannot see where to clip it. I hope the vet will be able to easily do something about this. Does anyone else have any experience with this?
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Purred: Mon Oct 17, '05 2:02pm PST 
If you can find a pait of cat claw scissors (they look like small scissors, with a short, notched blade---PetCo has them) you can trim the nail in stages--first close to the tip as possible, then back a little, etc.

If this proves too painful to do at home, your vet can do it pretty easily...poor Butch!
[notify]