GO!

Help -- my eye won't open all the way!

This forum is for cat lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your cat.

Hadley *IN- LOVING- MEMORY*

Do you wanna- dance, Pants?

Purred: Tue Sep 27, '05 9:58am PST 
Mom and dad just noticed one of my eyes isn't all the way open. I'm behaving like normal and if mom presses above or below my eye, I don't react to it. It's not red or scratched that she can see but I just won't/can't open it all of the way. Any ideas? What should we do? Should mom call a vet or is this something common that'll just stop?

Here's a picture of my eye if you want to see for yourself:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v12/soundtracktosayin ggoodbye/gg/wink.png
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Purred: Tue Sep 27, '05 11:43am PST 
That happens to me sometimes. It should clear up on it's own in a day or so. If it doesn't start to improve or if you start to act like you are in pain from it, you should probably see a vet. Tell your folks not to worry about it for now though.
[notify]

Pea- (2003-2007)

Life's short.

Purred: Tue Sep 27, '05 11:43am PST 
hey hadley,
the link didn't work....
i hope your eye is ok!
pea
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Purred: Tue Sep 27, '05 11:47am PST 
Pea, I got it to work the second time I tried. I had to paste in the first line, delete a space, and then paste in the second line. Catster does that to me sometimes when I try to put a url or link in my posts. It's kind of frustrating.
[notify]

Swollen- Head-In- Loving- Memory

Don't give me- that pill!

Purred: Tue Sep 27, '05 5:01pm PST 
Your mom can wipe your eye(s) with warm, moistened cottonballs--sometimes this will help dislodge an irritant from the eye. Several of us have eye issues (especially me), and this often helps!
[notify]

Pea- (2003-2007)

Life's short.

Purred: Tue Sep 27, '05 7:05pm PST 
thanks for the tip alex---i got it to work.
[notify]

Mynxx

Little Man...the- fetch Master

Purred: Tue Sep 27, '05 9:30pm PST 
If you have any discharge it could be something like conjuntivitis. Which is a pretty simply thing to fix you just have to go to the vet and get some drops.
[notify]

Milo

Purred: Wed Sep 28, '05 12:43am PST 
I agree with Alex. I get the same thing when I wake up from naps, and sometimes its just random.(When I wake up it lasts a couple seconds, while when its random it takes about an hour or 2.) Like Alex said, if it doesn't start to improve, or Hadley starts acting acting like she is in pain from it, you should visit a Vet. smile
[notify]

Hadley *IN- LOVING- MEMORY*

Do you wanna- dance, Pants?

Purred: Wed Sep 28, '05 5:20am PST 
Thanks, guys!!
[notify]

Belle

International- Wonder Kitten

Purred: Wed Sep 28, '05 9:38pm PST 
This happens to me alot.. I guess it's one of my weaknesses. When I was a kitten and it first happened, my mum was very worried and took me to me to the vet who gave me some expensive eye medicine.
Now, saline solution works just as well. Add a fifth of a teaspoon of salt to warm water (no more than that or the salt will irritate!) and soak in a cotton wool ball and gently wipe over the eye. (This also works for humans with eye problems!)
Hope this helps,
Belle
[notify]