GO!

A Ragdoll or Birman?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Purred: Tue Mar 5, '13 8:34pm PST 
I adopted a rescue what I thought was a Ragdoll 2 years ago. Though she looks like a Ragdoll and has the blue eyes and wonderful fur coat, she is only a little under 8 lbs.at 3 yrs. old. Recently, saw pictures of the Birman and the facial pictures looked just like her. She is a blue point, however does not have white paws but the blue points on her face, legs and tail. Could she still be a Birman without the white paws?
She is a lovey doll and don't really care her pedigree, but am just curious due to the pictures I have seen of the Birman.
Would appreciate any insights. Thanks.
[notify]

Candie

Leave me alone!

Purred: Sat Apr 27, '13 1:33am PST 
All Birmans have white paws. Without seeing her, I can not say she is a Ragdoll.
[notify]

Purred: Thu Sep 12, '13 5:13pm PST 
Can someone tell me what is the difference between Birmans and Ragdolls?
[notify]

Candie

Leave me alone!

Purred: Wed Feb 19, '14 8:28pm PST 
Birman do a Birman Huff. They are smaller than Ragdolls. Some say Ragdolls go limp.
[notify]