GO!

Just trying to figure her out

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Sofie

Mew...mew..mew..- .mew..meee

Purred: Wed Jul 11, '12 5:51pm PST 
Ok ok I know it sounds silly and I know hard core Birman cat parents are going to roll there eyes at me. But I was wondering if someone could help me finely figure out what my little girl is. I got her from the Human Society and they told me that she came from a house where a woman had many cats that all looked the same (she has a brother who looks like her). But besides that they had no idea what kind if cat she is.

I have been doing a little research on my own and from all of the photos and information I have been looking at keeps pointing at a Birman. She is vary small only about 7 pounds an stocky body and soft silky fluff but its not vary thick. Thank you in advanced ^^
[notify]

Cookie

Can we play??

Purred: Mon Aug 6, '12 11:28pm PST 
The paws are right for a Birman. Small size rules out Ragdoll. The shape of the head rules out Balinese. The coloration looks to be a Seal Point Tortie. The one thing that is for sure is all Birman do the Birman Huff. If you hold a Birman long enough they all will huff to get away. So hug her up and see if she huffs. I hope that help.
[notify]

Sofie

Mew...mew..mew..- .mew..meee

Purred: Sat Sep 8, '12 7:11pm PST 
Thank you so much it helped a lot and yes she does the little huffing when you hold her and she wants down. Im really happy that we now have an idea about her now she is vary different from the other cats I have had so I just wanted to know.
[notify]