GO!

Do female Bengals mark territory?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Absolutely- Gimme More

Absolutely Gimme- More, wants more- love

Purred: Fri May 7, '10 5:52pm PST 
Hello all,
I have am 6 years old felmale and recently moved from my home at a cattery to my retirement home. The first week or so I used my litter box, but for some reason I am now occasionally wetting on the sofa, air conditioning vents or sometimes on my Meowmy's clothing. This is quite upsetting to my Meowmy; am I marking my territory or what is up with this? I am being spayed next week, no more babies for this ole gal! Will this stop my bothersome behavior or does anyone have suggestions for my new parents?thinking
[notify]

Servala

Purred: Fri May 14, '10 11:13am PST 
I have a 3 year old Savannah female with a lot of bengal in her. I have 7 other cats and after the most recent additions, she stopped peeing in the litterbox and started using the toilet tank, tub, rugs, whatever. Some suggestions - 1) take a very fresh urine sample to the vet to rule out urinary tract problems 2) try Dr Elsey's Cat Attract litter to get her back to the box and 3) try Feliway diffusers to help calm her nerves. Hope your situation improves!
[notify]

Akira- Couture- Hartung

Huntress of the- Crinkle Birds

Purred: Wed May 19, '10 6:24pm PST 
sigh... my cat likes to pee on walls when she's angry, nervous, or sometimes if the sky is blue. I'm not sure exactly why, but I found putting tin foil in the places she likes to do it, helps to keep her from doing it. I also found that the scent of other cats will make her urinate on the wall. It seems like territory marking to me.
[notify]