GO!

My kitten turns mean when she is let outside...why? =(

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Purred: Mon Jan 13, '14 3:02pm PST 
So, my kitten (like 9 months old) likes going outside and we let him out because he never leaves the backyard even when left alone. The thing is he acts feral when we let him out: hissing at anyone that gets close to him , tries to attack you if you get close enough to actually pet him, acts really skittish around us, tries attacking you if you pick him up, etc He doesn't act "nice" and let us pick him up until he is bored of the outside but that's rare since he usually hisses at us until he is inside again where he finally lets us cuddle him.

I'm just confused about why he is like that when he is let outside? He only acts like that when he is near a door or outside. frown
[notify]