GO!

3 Month Old Kitten Rolling in freshly cleaned litter box... meaning?

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Pepper

The Cuddle Bug

Purred: Fri Dec 13, '13 7:14am PST 
Hello! So I have a 3 month old domestic medium/long? hair kitten...and I've recently noticed that he likes to roll around in his litter box... I read online that this is because they either have an itch or they do this to get rid of bacteria/pesticides, so I was just wondering if this is normal?

I saw the Ask a Cat Lady video about why our cats like to go in the litter box once it's cleaned or new litter. Which makes sense as to why, but any reason for this behavior? Thanks!
[notify]

Trek

Monster of- Mayhem

Purred: Fri Dec 13, '13 10:05am PST 
Because he's a three month old kitten and they are, by nature, a little bit crazy. I work at a neonatal kitten rescue, and I see kittens do all sorts of crazy things in their litter boxes--clean OR dirty. He should grow out of it.
[notify]

Pepper

The Cuddle Bug

Purred: Fri Dec 13, '13 12:24pm PST 
Thanks for the reply! way to go
[notify]

Kaylee &- Amelia

Snuggly Sisters!

Purred: Sat Dec 14, '13 6:35am PST 
If the litter box is freshly cleaned, I wouldn't worry too much about it. One of my kittens, Kaylee, likes to get in the freshly cleaned litter box and take naps in the nice, new litter. So weird, but otherwise she acts totally normal. So I'd just watch his other behaviours. As long as he has a good appetite and it playing and napping, I'd say it's just his own little bit of individuality1 smile
[notify]