GO!

He peed again...

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Hunter- *Dreamboat- #82*

Master of- Disaster!

Purred: Sun Oct 20, '13 4:29pm PST 
Hey every fur. Huntys mom here. He peed on the recliner yesterday. I was home this time although I wasn't in the same room. So I cleaned it up and made sure with a black light that I got it all.

He was locked in a room for about 3 hours while my nieces were here. That's nothing new for him. I do it so they won't chase after him. My nieces are 4, 2 and 8 months. The 2 older ones did see him and said hi, but they didn't touch or chase him.

After they left, he was let out, jumped on top of the recliner and peed. To make matters worse, about an hour later someone in my neighborhood decided they were either going to shoot off fireworks or have target practice! For 10 minutes all I could hear was "bang!" Like gunshots. Hunter freaked out!!!! He ran and hid underneath the couch. Finally he came out and slept with me for the night.

Today he's just been weird. Hasn't peed on anything. Just where he is supposed to, in his litter box. I really think he's insecure and has separation anxiety. I read that I should leave out something for Hunter while I'm gone that smells of me. So I got out an old fleece blanket that will be his "blankey". I plugged in the dogs " comfort defuser" in my room to help him until I get the cash to buy a Feliway.

I feel like a bad pet mom. Like I'm not providing something that he is obviously lacking. What else can I do? He hadn't peed on anything in over a month!

How can I make Hunter feel more secure in his home?
[notify]

Norman DB#93- 2001-2013

I know you have- chicken & I want- it.

Purred: Sun Oct 20, '13 10:57pm PST 
You are not a bad mommy. Hunter is probably a little possessive over you and was upset over be locked up and was just telling you so. Maybe he was upset that someone else was getting your attention. Norman was a peepee kitty too, very sensitive, super smart and super possessive over mommy, he peed on things any time he was upset. Just to make sure I knew he was not happy. I don't really have any advice, Norman did it his entire life. Just be as patient as you can with him and love him.
[notify]