GO!

A three-way-problem.....doggit - cat - human....!!!

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Tambolina

No...the magic- is still- here...!!!

Purred: Mon Oct 14, '13 4:33am PST 
Dear Ones....Jan here (the human).....!!

Where to start? Our household used to be two humans and four cats.....right....it is now six humans, five cats and two dogs....and it is a LOVELY HOUSEHOLD....IT WORKS....!! EXCEPT that my poor little Tambolina is TERRIFIED of the doggits (although we have the cats SAFELY (touch wood) in a DOG-FREE ZONE of the house).....BUT when she hears them.......SHE BUGGERS OFF SHARPISH OUT OF THE CAT-FLAP.....!! In sun, rain, wind, frost, snow.....(well, don't know about the frost and the snow yet....)

Dear Catster People and Pussycats......the doggit in question is SO SWEET AND LOVING BUT VERY LIVELY.....the kitty in question is SMALL, SO SMALL, AND SO NERVOUS.......she comes in...yes, she does....BUT SHE HAS T0 HAVE THE CAT-FLAP OPEN SO THAT SHE CAN ESCAPE IF SHE NEEDS TO.......

And I, Jan, AM TOTALLY FREAKED OUT.....because I love the doggits (they are so sweet and dear and innocent and loving) BUT I ADORE my Tambolina......
[notify]

Tambolina

Purred: Mon Oct 14, '13 4:50am PST 
Anyway....I THINK that it is the Human who must change her way of looking at this problem....loved cats...loved doggits....and a Meouwmy who cries, feeling that her 'poor little Tambi' is lost....who is her (the Meouwmy's) little five-year-old self....sent away from her Mum...lost...lost...just lost.....
[notify]

Tambolina

Purred: Mon Oct 14, '13 4:58am PST 
We are doing OK......Indeed we are......

Hope you all are too...let's have a few 'emoticoms'......hold on.....

hamster dancehamster dancehamster dance
[notify]

Sterling

Go Gently Into- the Night

Purred: Tue Oct 15, '13 10:34pm PST 
You could try keeping the dogs on a leash in the house, tied to something unmovable and tied short enough that Tambolina could get past them without them reaching her. You have to correct the dogs immediately if they try pulling and jumping. I did that with my Airedale pup when she first arrived to teach her to respect the cats. The difference, though, is my cats were used to living with a dog. If Tambolina has never lived with a dog/pup I'm not sure this idea will work. There are many Catsters who have integrated adult dogs and cats to live together so hopefully others many have more suggestions.
hi5cat on moon