GO!

Cat Suddenly Bullies My Other Cat?

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Tao

Ninjas Afoot!

Purred: Wed May 15, '13 1:54pm PST 
I have three cats, for the most part, all their years together have been peaceful. Just a few slaps here and there.
Well about a month ago my husband and I had to stay in a hotel (he is a hotel manager) for about a week, I still visited the cats everyday and they seemed to be doing fine with it. However since then my youngest cat, Jak-ke (2 years old) has started suddenly jumping on Tao (almost 6 years old) and making her scream and run for cover.
I can tell when Jak-ke is about to do this because she gets a focused angry look and quickly sprints towards Tao. I am worried because I know what can happen if this gets worse. I had a cat years ago that had to be rehomed because the other cats suddenly started attacking her, she lost all confidence and could not enjoy life. I am afraid that will happen to Tao. I could not imagine parting with any of my cats.
Any tips on stopping Jak-ke and/or building Tao's confidence to hold her own?

Let me know if more information in needed, I will try me best to give it.
[notify]