GO!

Cat attacking my house

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Purred: Fri May 3, '13 11:29am PST 
I'll try and make this short. I have 2 indoor cats with a 3 season room they enjoy now the weather has gotten nice. The past week to week and a half another cat outdoors is attacking my screen door and windows. I have to keep the glass down so he does not get in but he is making my indoor cats and me crazy. The strange cat even jumped onto my dinning room window ledge! I've sprayed kittie off all around my house and put on rags outside to detour him but it didn't work. So last night he was outside looking to my house at the screen door my little guy saw him and just meow loudly so I shut the door and brought them in the house. Next my big cat goes to the front window and 1/2 hour later it back my big gets crazy bottle brush tail hisses spits growls... than he tries to attack my little guy (he has never done that before) that was the last straw! my big guy is so very nice and is afraid of everything if he hears a big sound he goes running away the little guy just stays put. How do I get the strange cat out of my house? Any suggestions? I have asked around and neighbors are feeding it saying it does not bother their cats only mine?? They also say the owner won't take care of it either and will not claim it's his cat either. Please help I'm at my wit's endred face
[notify]

Iba

World's Best- Kitten- Socializer

Purred: Sat May 4, '13 5:46pm PST 
Are your cats neutered/spayed? If not, do it. My guess is the cat outside is not. If there is a TNR (trap-neuter-return) program in your area, give them a call. They will set out a trap, trap the cat and have him neutered, then return him to the neighborhood. That should cut down in his irritability. If that doesn't work, you might want to consider some sort of motion triggered deterrent (air, water misting, etc) to keep him OUT of your yard.
[notify]

Purred: Sun May 5, '13 8:08am PST 
This cat is not neutered! No one claims him but 4-5 houses feed him. I'm going to try and trap it. It's being going on over a week and I have to put my cats in the basement at night so they don't go crazy!
[notify]

Beep

Butt-kicker of- all other cats

Purred: Sun May 5, '13 8:10pm PST 
Poor thing, he can't help it. That would be a wonderful thing for you to do, to trap him and get him fixed. Then maybe you can convince one of the 5 neighbors feeding him to take him in. We are so lucky, we have a place in Orlando, where I live, actually 30 minutes from Orlando, that spays and neuters very cheaply....like $50 for the whole thing, and you only have to show rabies cert. They are responsible for spaying and neutering so many cats right now, and lots of rescues that take care of ferals are bringing cats in...it is just wonderful. Maybe you have a place like this where you are, that can help you? Make sure he gets ear tipped if you do bring him in, so animal control will see that he is fixed and not mess with him. I'm sure he will settle down once he is fixed. Are your cats possibly not fixed and that is why he is trying to get near them? He sound like he is just hungry and looking for someone to make him their pet, poor little guy, I hope he gets a home soon. And hope he stops terrorizing your babies too!
[notify]

Purred: Mon May 6, '13 7:37am PST 
Both of my boys are fixed. Just want this other cat out of our area.
My boys don't go outside. The one that is getting upset is usually afraid of
everything someone comes into my house he runs car in the driveway he runs and hides. With this outdoor guy he goes crazy!
[notify]