GO!

Leaky butt!

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Purred: Tue Feb 26, '13 6:43am PST 
Let me start by saying my cat has been seen by a vet and nothing is physically wrong with her. That being said, she has a leaky butt! She's on a high-quality no grain food (Dick Van Patten's Limited Ingredient) but seems to suffer from a leaky anal gland. It's not an all the time thing but every so often for a few weeks she will smell absolutely awful. You can smell the leakage on her hind quarters and she will sometimes leak on furniture or blankets. Does anyone have any tips for dealing with this? I wash her back end every time she smells (it will gag you) and she absolutely hates it. Neither of us are very happy with this problem! Thanks!
[notify]