GO!

Help! I hit my cat and now she doesn't respond to my calls!):

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2  
Tambolina

No...the magic- is still- here...!!!

Purred: Tue Feb 26, '13 9:35am PST 
Oh No...Kisu....what the girl with the kitten did was wrong...yes....but she has said she was sorry and has learned from her own behaviour....what more can she do?

I did the same thing with my first cat, when she was a kitten, I threw her....I only did it the once because, as soon as I had done it, I was SO HORRIFIED at myself. She forgave me and we had a wonderful life together until she was nearly 19 years old...

It shouldn't happen....but one can learn....
[notify]

Kisu

Japanese Bobtail

Purred: Tue Feb 26, '13 11:40am PST 
laugh out loud Its probably some prankster anyway.. I have no soft spot for that type of behavior. If they were a catster member they would show their face, not just come on to write a title like that. Never believe half the stuff thats on here if they are not a member with a picture.
[notify]

Tia

Tia the- Terrific!

Purred: Wed Feb 27, '13 1:45am PST 
I am going to agree with Beep on this one. I have anger issues myself and have to deal with that, but allowing yourself to become agitated or angry because your pet ignores you is not okay. I hope it doesn't happen again - that you have learned your lesson.

And no where in the post did it say anything about being body slammed...
[notify]

Colin

I am DEFINITELY- the big cheese- now......

Purred: Wed Feb 27, '13 4:04am PST 
Miss Kisu.....I didn't realise it was you - I didn't recognise you from the picture...!! If I had, I would have written here myself (instead of getting Tambolina to do it)....yes, it is I, your erstwhile lover, Cuchulain Cavmere....!! Ahh, so many memories.....!!

And no, my Meouwmy has never done anything horrid to me - not even when I box her ears...wallop...wallop....when she tries to pick me up...!!

cat on moon
[notify]

Pocket

Has a Split- Personality

Purred: Fri Mar 8, '13 10:14am PST 
I smacked my cat once. Then I felt so bad when she wouldn't even come near me for a few minutes. She had taken my brand new headphones and chewed the cord on them. I was very angry with her. Then, after I had hit her, I decided to look and find out just what hitting a cat would do to them. After learning all about that, I have not even gotten angry with her since. Not even when she chewed up my other, new, pair of headphones. I just laughed and twirled the cord around a little so she could play some more.

I'll be honest and say that, even though I don't get mad at her, she still gets mad at me. The most recent time, and the angriest I've ever seen her, was once again my fault. On my defence, what I did was pure reaction and nothing else... Here's what happened: I was in the bathroom and Pocket was in there with me. I got down on the floor to pet her. As soon as I touched her, she jerked around and sunk her teeth and claws deep into my hand. I responded my jerking my hand away and then pushing her away from me. She was pushed hard into the edge of the counter. I was horrified with myself. Pocket got up and jumped into the bathtub, where the shower curtain would help sheild her. I got up to see if she was alright but the second I touched the curtain she flew at it. I will admit that she scared me a little. I quickly left the bathroom and made up with her later by giving her a little cat-nip.

She's forgotten about that incident now. She's been so nice lately. I took her outside today. It's well above freezing her in my area of Michigan today so I figured why not. We didn't stay out for long but she seemed alright. smile
[notify]

Belle

Mama's Lil Ding- Dong

Purred: Sat Mar 9, '13 1:19pm PST 
I admit that I give Belle a tap under the mouth when she starts play biting me to make her stop or if I'm holding her to clean her ears or something but that's the closest I hope to ever come to actually hitting my cat! I caught my friend about to hit her when she was a kitten and just being curious about what my friend was doing. YOU DO NOT HIT MY CAT!!!

If someone picked me up and threw me I wouldn't come to them either!
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2