GO!

Peeing EVERYWHERE, ALL THE TIME, and for WHAT reason?? Heeellp...

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  
Orange Ruffy

The Baboo Kitty- has Spoken!

Purred: Tue Dec 18, '12 7:14am PST 
how is Attila doing? This sounds like possible crystals in the urine-which can be painful-or the beginning of blocking.
[notify]

Miss Tiny- Burr Burr

Love and adore.

Purred: Tue Dec 18, '12 1:43pm PST 
He sounds super stressed out.

what kind of food is he on?

have you tried setting more litterboxes? i think his peeing is due to nervousness over the dog, a new person, or a new cat.
[notify]

Attila the- Hun

Mommy? Mommy!- MOMMY!!

Purred: Thu Dec 20, '12 8:03am PST 
Haven't had a chance to get to a vet yet, but I'm almost 100% positive this is due to stress. Here's why:

This started when I closed the bathroom door. When I started leaving it open again, the peeing stopped. Them my friend is staying with me for the time being, and Attila HATES having company, especially men. He clawed a hole through the cheap wall by the bath tub and I had to spend a whole morning scootching around under my apartment complex fishing him out. Once back inside safe and sound, the bathroom door closed. But now he cries at both the bathroom door AND the front door, reaches up and paws at the knobs. If I keep the house clean and the day is quiet, he goes in his litter box. If my friend is around all day (while I'm at work) Attila pees on his stuff. If my friend and I are both home and watching movies and having fun, Attila takes my clothes into the litter box and pees on them. If Attila is yowling and I shush him? God forbid I do that, because he marches right up to me, bats me with his paw and then stomps of to the nearest hardest-to-wash thing and squats while making eye contact the whole time.

I think most of it is that Attila really really hates being an indoor cat. For years he was indoor/outdoor, with a cat door and tons of safe area to roam and hunt and frolic. This area we live in now is unquestionably unsafe, and there's no way I can let him go out. He was having depression issues before when we moved, which involved a little bit of urination but mostly ripping his fur out. When Raider became part of the family, Attila became his old self again, and more! She's getting big though, and their rough housing gets pretty rough, and Attila still does have an injured leg. I think that plays a part in this too, because I know the cold has been bothering it.

In the past he has never hesitated to express his frustrations at me. He knows how to get to me! I had an SO living with me, Attila attacked them at night. At a different house I tried to make him indoor and he'd drag things around, yowl, attack my face or my little dog ALL NIGHT and sleep-deprived me for weeks before we ended up moving into a different house and for whatever reason he just liked it better. He's never liked closed doors or cupboards where he can reach, and opens them and walks away. Doesn't go in them, doesn't want the contents, just opens them and leaves. If one is closed or latched, he's always clawed at it meowing like crazy.

I'm still going to take him to the vet when I get a chance, but in the meantime I need to clean and re-organize my house so nothing can be used against me.
[notify]

Star

Purred: Thu Dec 20, '12 4:07pm PST 
I used to do this all the time! Mom got me fixed thinking it would help, and it didn't. I am going to be 10 years old soon, and I still do it. I love my mom, but i HATE change, I hate new MEN especially. I ain't gonna lie, I get jealous. I am a manx though, and I only take to one person in my lifetime. Let's face it buddy, this is MY mom. How DARE you come in here and take her away from me! I don't think so. So yeah, I peed on your jacket when it fell on the floor, and your socks. You never listened to hit the road, so I needed to make mom understand too. Her turn to have her things peed on.

Then, she thinks she can... get this.. CONFINE ME to a bedroom at night. Like what the heck was she thinking?! I ate the wooden closet door, part of the door frame, howled to keep her up, and clawed everything to bits that was in that bedroom! I sure showed her. Ok well, I MOSTLY showed her.

She has been with my new daddy now for 8 years. He is ok I guess. After 5 years I gave up and let it all go against them. But if we move one more darned time, I am gonna do it again! What can I say? I have cattitude and I ain't afraid to show it! I do this out of stress and jealously, take it or leave it.

It sounds like you are like me Atilla (hopefully I spent your name right) *PawFive* on showing them who is boss!
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2