GO!

starting to get tired of her little attitude!

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Lily

Purred: Mon Nov 26, '12 12:56pm PST 
I don't know whats gotten into my normally sweet Lily lately. She's about 15 weeks olds, and Ive had her since she was 6 weeks old. She's always been kind of a loner, and only wants attention on "her terms" but shes becoming so mean and obnoxious lately. She does not want to be petted, she walks away. If I try and hold her, she gives me that look of "I'm going to hit you" and growls. She plays and interacts with her 7 month old 'sister' Callie just fine, and never gives an attitude to my Mom, but me, she thinks she can boss around and have an attitude with. Its very annoying. I want my sweet kitten back. Is it just a stage, that she will grow out of? I'm pretty much at the point I'll just leave her alone, except to feed her, and only interact with her when she comes to me, till this "phase" goes away. She's getting spayed in about a week and a half, I'm sure thats going to make her dislike me even more frown. Any ideas what I can do to make her like me again?
[notify]

Maizy

I may meow to- you if you're- worthy

Purred: Tue Dec 4, '12 11:43am PST 
The spaying might help. Keep trying to play with her - because if you let her be, she may get used to that from you, and may not respond as you would like. They get snotty stages just like kids.
[notify]