GO!

spaz kitty!!!

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

KIKI

purrrfection

Purred: Mon Nov 19, '12 8:11pm PST 
Kiki is a very high strung kitty! I love that about her, it makes her.....well.....Kiki! But i do wish she could come around more when my family is visiting and whatnot. She is my baby, sleeps with me, cuddles with me often etc..but if anyone else besides us, she wont be anyone to be seen, any idea's on how to help this?
[notify]

KIKI

purrrfection

Purred: Wed Nov 21, '12 11:20am PST 
Somebody? Anybody?? confused
[notify]

Marlin- Purrkins

Welcome to Wild- Kingdom!

Purred: Wed Nov 21, '12 7:43pm PST 
we have been highly socialized since birth. Could you very slowly start to introduce Kiki to your friends and family in a very low key fashion? Pick her up and introduce her to someone without letting that person touch her to start with and then maybe let that person - and others start to "meet" her in and start to pat her without making her feel uncomfortable. All cats have a saturation point in terms of being "social" - let her choose what is ok and what is not.
[notify]

Ben

I fetch,- therefore I am.

Purred: Thu Nov 22, '12 2:41am PST 
A lot of kitties are afraid of humans that they don't know very well. I have to think that Kiki's discomfort is pretty normal.
shrug

KIKI

purrrfection

Purred: Thu Nov 22, '12 8:44am PST 
ive never had a cat that didn't like people new people that much though? It's just odd to me. shrug i mean it doesn't bother me that much, i just wish she would come out and be her pretty charming little self when others are here as well.
I could try to try that Marlin LOL but when people are here she wont even let me pick her up without having a "kiki" spaz moment ....freaking out and running away!!! lol thats why i call her spaz kitty, but i love her just the same, i will try a more slow approach and hope that works, thank you smile
[notify]