GO!

How Do I Get my Kitty To Play and stop being Agrresive to my other Kitty??

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Smiley- Cassanova

MEMFUR OF THE NO- CLUB!

Purred: Wed Sep 5, '12 4:02pm PST 
My kitty used to be very playful and full of energy and now just lays about, but seems bored and will for no reason attack my other cat. He is a rescue and about 4 years old and has lived here almost 2 years. He has been to the vet and so that is ok. I have tried all his furverite toys and every toy imaginable! He just sits and watches and walks away. I am also concerned because he might start to play with the other kitty, but the minute that kitty starts to play he gets very mean and chases him and his ears are down and he is growling and carrying on and has pinned him and gets just plain mean. Help please any one?shrug
[notify]

Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Thu Sep 6, '12 3:37pm PST 
Hey Smiley! Maybe try a Feliway plug in. Tig was very anxious when I brought Felix in, and it really made a difference. It sounds like he is frustrated & taking it out on the other kitty. Da Bird always seems to get everyone playing - perhaps that might work. Maybe a double check with the vet to be sure nothing is going on or he is in pain. Hope that helps a bit.
[notify]

Merida

Purred: Wed Sep 12, '12 7:45pm PST 
That sounds like someone has some built up aggression from not playing. I always try a variety of toys with my cats to find what they like, and I keep a rotation of new and old toys going. I put some away, swap for a couple new ones, then in a few months take a couple new ones away and give some old ones back. It keeps them interested. He is growing up, I swear they change tastes for toys as they grow up. Maybe go through the motions? Toys that make noise, feathers, crinkle or jingle, string type ones, laser pointer. Maybe he has a new interest in a specific style of toy now. I had one cat that refused to play with all toys, but I found that he was an intellectual, so teaching him tricks and treats balls were his outlet. Hope these ideas help, I know how frustrating that is
[notify]

Pequena- (Sasha's- sister)

Purred: Thu Sep 13, '12 3:40pm PST 
do you ever watch the show My Cat From Hell on animal planet? I would suggest watching that show to get some ideas of what it could be from and what to do.
[notify]

Smiley- Cassanova

MEMFUR OF THE NO- CLUB!

Purred: Tue Oct 16, '12 9:53pm PST 
waveTigger, Merida and Pequena!

red faceShorry fur taking sho long to check out the anshwersh, but I couldn't find thish posht and wash told how to findsh it.red face

Thanksh you all fur your shuggeshtionsh and input. We hash been to the vet and ok there. Mom hash tried to rotate the toysh and tried mosht of them, but we'll hash to checksh da bird. Tried treatsh in ball, hiding thingsh etc. no. I hashn't sheen My Cat from Hell, but will checksh it out.

I thanksh you all sho much fur reshponding and extending a paw. cheerway to gohi5hug
[notify]