GO!

does your kitten play in their litter box??

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Pippie

Ruling The- World, One- Bedroom At A- Time

Purred: Sat Aug 18, '12 7:51am PST 
my pippie plays in his litter box and im not sure why. even when i play with him he'll still play in it. i've watched him do it and it looks like his playing with the little grains.. does anybody elses kitty do this?? i always tell him to stop but after he comes right back for it.
[notify]

Monster

It's all about- me.

Purred: Wed Aug 22, '12 8:49am PST 
Typical kitten behavior. He should grow out of it. Rather than telling him to stop, lure him away from the litter box with a fishing pole type toy and play with him for a while.
[notify]

Pippie

Purred: Thu Aug 23, '12 9:02am PST 
i have tried luring him away on some occasions but he seems to enjoy it. he'll do it in the middle of the night too while we're trying to sleep. he's really energetic so even tiring him out doesn't help much for the night
[notify]

Monster

It's all about- me.

Purred: Thu Aug 23, '12 2:47pm PST 
Those darn kittens! Fortunately, they grow up pretty quickly, and he should lose interest in playing in the litter box in a couple of months. Put down lots of other toys for him to play with at night (I'm sure you've given him dozens already!) and invest in some earplugs!
[notify]

Pippie

Purred: Fri Aug 24, '12 7:51am PST 
oh i'm used to all the sounds, kind of a heavy sleeper. it's my bf who needs them. but i let him sleep 2 nights outside with us and i didn't hear him playing in there..or maybe it was the new litter? see our othe litter had little shiny things and that could have made him play in it lol but hopefully it was that
[notify]