GO!

Inappropriate peeing.

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Twitch

Purred: Thu Apr 12, '12 3:40pm PST 
Before he got fixed, Twitch had an issue with peeing. When he peed on the stove my mother wanted to get rid of him, but I assured her that getting him fixed would solve the issue. And it did.

That was several years ago.

In the past month or two, someone started peeing on my bed. Only on my bed. I thought it was Mockqua, because it was always where she slept. Then I caught Twitch doing it.

So knowing who it was for sure, he went to the vet this past Tuesday but he got a clean bill of health. Just yesterday though, he peed on my pillow. It wasn't even on my bed; it was in the garbage because Mockqua t hrew up on it. And he still peed on it.

I have no idea what to do. I've already had to replace my mattress and sheets, and he peed on them within a few days. I've banned him from my room, but it seems that anything Mockqua has slept on he wants to pee on.

My mother wants to get rid of him. And I honestly can't blame her at this point. This is turing into a very expensive problem and I'm sick of having to sleep on my floor. But I don't want to get rid of him. He's my baby. But I honestly am starting to wonder if he'd be happier in a single cat household.

Mockqua is his mother, and she's always been the top cat. Twitch and her do fight physically sometimes, and that seems to have increased as well. Now I'm starting to worry that I took the wrong cat to the vet and he can sense that something is going on with Mockqua that's making her seem vulnerable and he's trying to take her top kitty spot.

Do cats even have dominance issues?

Is there anything I can try to fix this?
[notify]

Mika

Purred: Thu Apr 12, '12 7:35pm PST 
Yes, cats absolutely can have dominance issues and they do establish a hierarchy in multicat households.

Would you consider trying a diaper? I wear one because I pee everywhere--not out of spite or anything but because my kidneys are failing and I have a constant urgent need to pee. With my diaper on, I can pee away and none of my human's stuff is affected. My diapers are machine washable and my mom just puts half of a human incontinence pad in them to catch the pee. The diaper even has a tail hole so I can poop in the litter box normally (which I always do).

I am not the first kitty in my house to wear a diaper. Priscilla is at the bridge now, but she had to wear a diaper because she had a behavioral peeing problem. The diaper allowed her to have full access to the house without ruining anything.

We get our diapers from this lady, but there are probably other people out there who make them:

http://www.castlepaws.net/studpants.html
[notify]