GO!

Limited Activity

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Baby

Purred: Thu Mar 15, '12 7:42pm PST 
I have to keep my kitten (4 months old) with limited activity, and I have a 6 month old kitten as well! I have her in a dog crate with her own food water and litter box. She broke her leg Tuesday so she isn't really allowed to do much but I feel SO bad. Everytime I let her out she runs and wants to jump and she tries to play with the other cat. She has a small toy to keep her occupied, but it dosnt seem to be satisfying her. She has to keep this up for the next four weeks and I have no idea how to manage it, I just feel horrible. We have an xray once a week for the next four weeks so I will see how well she is progressing on tuesday.

Thanks for any advice
[notify]

Ramsey

Ramsey - The Bedroom Cat- Burglar

Purred: Mon Mar 19, '12 9:35am PST 
Ohhhh... So sorry this happened big hug From what my daddy has been able to find, you are doing the right thing for now. If your baby is chewing or getting the bandages wet (if any) you will need to change them. You can try an Elizabethan collar if baby starts chewing at the wounded leg. Other than that, limit the activity as best as you can. Maybe letting the little one out in one room where you will be present to monitor the activity will be helpful.
[notify]