GO!

we just got 2 parakeets....help!!

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

smokey

Purred: Mon Feb 20, '12 6:46am PST 
we just added 2 beautiful baby parakeets to our family....i bought a stand for the cage so they are high up so smokey cant get them but she keeps jumping at the cage.....any advice on how to teach her not to do that?
[notify]

Purred: Wed Feb 22, '12 3:47pm PST 
You really can't teach her to stay away from them. And a stand won't protect them when you're not around. She can jump on top of it and hurt them through the bars (or give them a heart attack). It's a sticky situation.
[notify]

smokey

Purred: Fri Feb 24, '12 1:36am PST 
thank u for your response....you're right.....when im not home i put the cage in a room with door shut.....i read that even if the cat accidentally claws the bird it can be fatal....thanks
[notify]

Tasha

Miss Tasha Belle

Purred: Sat Feb 25, '12 6:05pm PST 
I have two parakeets as well and when we got my kitty, Tasha, I hung the bird's cage up HIGH in a room with absolutly nothing around that she could jump on to try and get to the cage. She has (somewhat) lost interest in them, but still lays there and watches them from time to timesmile
[notify]