GO!

INFO ON THOSE TIPS YOU PUT ON THE END OF KITTIES PAWS

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

String Bean

Purred: Fri Aug 26, '05 11:29am PST 
HAS ANYONE HAD ANY LUCK WITH THEM? I SEE THEM IN PET MAGAZINES BUT I ALWAYS THOUGHT THEY WILL FALL OFF...AND I'M SCARED I WILL ORDER THEM AND THEY WON'T FIT, EVEN THOUGH THAT HAVE A LITTLE PICTURE DIAGRAM SHOWING THE SIZES OF CLAWS. I SAW A KITTY ON HERE YESTERDAY THAT HAD HOT PINK ONES ON (LOL, IT WAS CUTE) AND I ASKED THEM ABOUT THEM BUT THEY HAVEN'T REPLIED YET. GIVE ME YOUR ANSWERS ABOUT THEM...HOPEFULLY SOMEOF YA'LL HAVE TRIED THEM OUT.
[notify]

Abigail

Princess

Purred: Sat Aug 27, '05 4:59pm PST 
I put them on all my cats claws. It depends on how active your cat is as to how long they stay on for instance my 8 yr old cat keeps them on for a several weeks but my 1 yr olds start losing them after a few days of course they are part feral too. A big cat will wear a large, a smaller cat medium, a petite cat small.
[notify]

Hope

Mommy gave me my- ninth life!

Purred: Sat Aug 27, '05 6:56pm PST 
That's neat-o. How do you put them on...just press them on there....like people's fake nails?? I've gotta do something b/c all my cats love my couch and by the time I get in there to fuss at them for scratching they have run off. Evil kitties! I think I will order me some just to see how they work...I'll have to probably get all three sizes though b/c I have six cats all ranging in size.
[notify]

Aragorn

Mommy's Handsome- Boy

Purred: Sun Aug 28, '05 12:05pm PST 
If you don't want to order them online, PetSmart and Petco also carry them in their stores. I haven't had to wear them yet, because my Mom says she doesn't have any furniture decent enough to care about my scratching, but she says when they get their new couch, if I scratch it she will make me wear them!
[notify]

String Bean

Purred: Sun Aug 28, '05 3:47pm PST 
I BOUGHT SOME "SMALL" SIZE ONES ON EBAY LAST NIGHT. NOT SURE IF THEY WILL BE SMALL ENOUGH FOR THE KITTENS, BUT THEY SHOULD FIT COOPER, AND SOON ENOUGH THEY'LL FIT THE KITTENS, TOO. IF I LIKE THEM A LOT THEN I'LL GO AHEAD AND GET THE LARGE FOR MY OTHER KITTIES, TOO!
[notify]

Milton

I am a lover not- a biter.

Purred: Sun Sep 4, '05 6:00pm PST 
Hey String Bean
My mom works at a Vets office and she has put them on clients cat all times.She says they are good and they are very easy to use.First you have to trim the nails then you fill the tips with the glue and you extened the claws and press them on over the nail.But you don't want to trim the nails too short,you should be able to pull your claws in were the tips meet the nail.Good luck!You can always have your Vet help you. You guys will be some styling cats! Love Milton
[notify]

Gabby

Watch out, here- I come!

Purred: Tue Sep 6, '05 8:30am PST 
I have what Mom calls Soft Paws on and I leave them on pretty well. I tend to only pull them off once they have grown out a bit and it is time for me to shed the claw. Mom took me to the vet for the first application, and that is when she found out what size I took. Now she buys them on the internet and puts them on me herself. As I loose one, she replaces it. The only part I don't like, is when she holds me for 5 minutes after she puts one on. I want to get down and play and she won't let me! She calls it 'our quality time'; I call it interrupting my play time!
[notify]

Peggy

Princess

Purred: Tue Sep 6, '05 8:38am PST 
I refuse to let my mom use these. Besides the fact that I don't let her trim my nails, I have a habit of biting my nails all the time!
[notify]