GO!

putting paws in the water bowl

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  

Purred: Thu May 2, '13 10:15am PST 
My cat doesn't just dip in and lick his paws. No, Pete has to skim about a 1/4 inch off the surface before he drinks everytime. Fresh water all the time. I am sure this is an inate instinct from having to clear the surface of pond scum and debris in order to get a good drink of water in the wild. I find it cute but I have a trail of water runnung from the bowl all the way across the kitchen and under the sink and stove. It is probably ruining my downstairs landlord's ceiling. Good Kitty!
[notify]

Jayne

Purred: Wed May 15, '13 4:34am PST 
My cat does the same thing. He gets so much water everywhere that it is starting to affect our floorboards. Is there anyway to discourage this behavior?
[notify]

Kiki

Attack!!

Purred: Wed May 15, '13 11:44am PST 
I have a water fountain and I like to stick my paws in it to wash my face. I also have this wonderful habit of drowning my favorite toys in the water.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2