GO!

Cat Personality Types?

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Miss Moo

Purred: Tue Aug 16, '11 8:46am PST 
Mama was reading this article (http://www.moggies.co.uk/articles/types.html) and is trying to figure out what type my playmate, Dorian T., is. She and Daddy think he's a mixture of the alpha and beta types but want to know if that's possible.

What category do you fall under? They say I'm a gamma...purrr.
[notify]

Hunter- *Dreamboat- #82*

Master of- Disaster!

Purred: Tue Aug 16, '11 10:20am PST 
I'm an alpha! But I do have some gamma qualifications too. Mom wishes I was all Gamma, but then life wouldn't be as fun now would it?? hehehe

I am Hunter, hear me roar!!! happy dance
[notify]

Tink the Cat

Never met a- mouse I didn\'t- bat!

Purred: Tue Aug 16, '11 11:53am PST 
Thanks for sharing this - it's good info. I am a Gamma, and I'm getting a new little brofur soon, so mom is hopeful that I will accept him. But I think maybe he is a Gamma too, which I think may work out, except for competition for mom's attention. I am very happy being the sweetest thing EFUR!! Luv, Tinkkitty
[notify]

Coopurr

I still suck my- thumb...

Purred: Fri Aug 19, '11 5:51pm PST 
What an interesting article! kitty Thanks for posting!

Coop's a complete and total Beta. He's not chatty, but he DOES need to be involved...in EVERYTHING.

Purrrrrrs,
Coop's Mom
[notify]

Phoenix

Fuzz therapy

Purred: Sun Aug 21, '11 8:58pm PST 
Beta all the way! Phoenix acts very much like a dog.
[notify]

Pudleigh

Such a house cat

Purred: Mon Aug 22, '11 6:56pm PST 
Alpha, for sure. I run the place, and everyone knows it. I'm also in charge of the redecorating committee... because shelves look better with fewer knickknacks, and more cats.
[notify]

Memphis

World Domination- Is Easier With- Thumbs

Purred: Mon Aug 22, '11 7:47pm PST 
That's from one of my favorite cat blogs, Way of Cats. The lady has owned cats all over the personality spectrum, and yes, there are cats that straddle multiple personalities. Memphis is part beta and part alpha, while I think Tenny is beta.
[notify]

Tink the Cat

Never met a- mouse I didn\'t- bat!

Purred: Tue Aug 23, '11 2:22pm PST 
Pudleigh(LOVE the name!!!), you are SO right!! Shelves DO look better with fewer knickknacks and more kitties!!! MOL! Luv, Tinkkittylaugh out loud
[notify]

♥Sam

Purred: Tue Aug 23, '11 2:29pm PST 
I'm an Alfa, Mr D's a Gamma, Balty and furmum are probably Betas, that is very interesting laugh out loud
[notify]