GO!

Does anyone else's cat Sigh, Hiccup, Burp or Twitch?

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Tutu

whatcha doooin?

Purred: Sun Apr 3, '11 9:25pm PST 
So let me just start off by saying that Tutu twitches a little when she purrs. The vet had no idea what to make of that (addressed during her first Wellness Check after adoption). It's mainly a facial thing. Her breathing is fine, so that isn't causing it. I'm assuming it's nothing to worry about.

But I was mostly curious if anyone else's cats SIGH! Tutu on occasion will flump down, either on my lap or wherever, and let out a big ol' sigh after she is relaxed. I don't believe this is similar to when a human would do it, but I think she does it as part of her relaxation 'ritual'.

Lastly, do your cats burp? Have they ever had the hiccups? Rarely Tutu will burp, but sometimes she does get the hiccups, for only a minute or so, after eating, but maybe after drinking too.

I'm hoping this isn't a sign of something awful, I was just curious as to whether it was more common than I'm aware.

thinking
[notify]

Monida

I look so- innocent when- I'm sleeping.

Purred: Sun Apr 3, '11 11:11pm PST 
Monida gets the hiccups from time to time. She tends to drink her water too fast. They scared me at first but now I think they're kinda cute. smile
[notify]

Hunter- *Dreamboat- #82*

Master of- Disaster!

Purred: Mon Apr 4, '11 5:54am PST 
Hunter sighs if he's been playing for a while. He also snores, does the huffing sound if he is irritated. I love when he snores, its so cute. smile
[notify]

Jack- Teagarden

Loving My- Furrever Home

Purred: Mon Apr 4, '11 6:27am PST 
Jack burps, snores and passes gas. A typical man....MOL..MOL. My cat Emma does sigh, but this is see as a sign of contentment, as she always does it when she gets into my lap, then places her paws on my chest so I can scratch her ears and chin, then she purrs and purrs.

The New Orleans Kitties
[notify]

Tutu

whatcha doooin?

Purred: Mon Apr 4, '11 6:47am PST 
well that's comforting!

yep, I think Tutu does sigh after 'a long hard play' lol.

and she snores all the time! I'm happy that she feels safe enough to sleep so deeply in her home. she dreams too wink cloud 9
[notify]

Bandit

Mommy\'s little- clown

Purred: Mon Apr 4, '11 7:23am PST 
Chiquitita sighs when she is trying to get her purr motor started, she squeaks when she purrs also. Bandit can only purr on the exhale. Neither has ever burped, but both do get the hiccups from time to time.

dancingcheer
[notify]

Miss Edith

Oh rly foo?

Purred: Mon Apr 4, '11 7:40am PST 
My cats fart and sigh. They only fart on cat food though because it's an inappropriate diet and causes digestive issues.

I have no clue why they sigh, I have heard something similar to the sigh after they've been fighting and while I'm giving them a bath.
[notify]

Lacey

Backflips are my- specialty!

Purred: Mon Apr 4, '11 8:15am PST 
MOL! I fart and Finnegan burps. He chows his food and then lets out a big bwap! MOL! Sometimes I burp too but I fart a lot. I'm a little unlady like. MOL. Come to think of it, we sigh also when we're sleeping on momma's bed with her. We're together and snuggling so we're definitely content. Finney snores and I make these whacky noises when I'm dreaming or stretching when I'm in a deep sleep. shrug
[notify]

Keegan

Running faster- than the speed- of light!!

Purred: Mon Apr 4, '11 1:41pm PST 
Keegan sighs when he lays down to go to sleep. He also gets the hiccups sometimes.
[notify]

Dorian T.- Catsby

Purred: Wed Apr 13, '11 8:49pm PST 
I like to make a gag-and-sigh noise ("ACK!" plus a humanlike stretching noise) when I sprawl out. Who says humans are the only ones who get to make stretching noises? Moo doesn't really sigh or anything, but she grumbles sometimes if she doesn't get her way.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2