GO!

feliway

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Sassy

mystery poop!- who did it?

Purred: Tue Mar 23, '10 8:17am PST 
how many use this? results?

its 30 bucks for one... idk. have anyone used the knock off brand thats just some scent oils? dosnt feliway have an pheromone in it?

sassy licks herself bald. no medical reasons, shes stressed.
[notify]

Isabelle

Do I smell- treats??

Purred: Tue Mar 23, '10 8:33am PST 
Worked for us. Isabelle was having much stress due to other cats outside bothering her, and Feliway did help mellow her out (she was also on meds though). Each spring I still buy some for a month or two since that's when the cats start coming around again.

The diffuser worked better than the spray for us, and I got my refills at petguys.com (cheapest I could find and great service). Be sure to put it in the area she spends the most time, or invest in several to place throughout the house.

Good luck Sassy!! wishes
[notify]

Monster

It's all about- me.

Purred: Fri Mar 26, '10 10:00am PST 
In addition to Feliway, your kitty may need to be on anti-anxiety medication like Prozac (don't laugh, it really works for many kitties). If she hasn't been to the vet about her overgrooming, you may also want to get bloodwork done to make sure that her behavior is not being caused by hormonal imbalance or some other sort of medical problem. If it's anxiety related, the Prozac should help.

Monster
[notify]

Takayla- Morning Star

Purred: Fri Mar 26, '10 8:37pm PST 
Look into acupressure treatments for your cats. I've used the feliway and most of the times it works. The acupressure and acupuncture treatments have never failed.
[notify]

Teddy Bear

Now With Cuddly- AND Pouncy- Action!

Purred: Wed Mar 31, '10 2:45pm PST 
When I first came to my forever home, big Leo made me scared. Mommy plugged in the Feliway in my room, and within a day I was feeling SO much better, tail held high, like I could take on the world!

It's definitely worth a try.
[notify]

Isabelle

Do I smell- treats??

Purred: Thu Apr 1, '10 6:23pm PST 
Hey Sassy - how is the feliway working out? Less licking?
[notify]

Purred: Tue Jan 31, '12 1:44pm PST 
Anyone know of where to get Feliway at a good price and how much would I need? I have a 1 bedroom condo with a few rescues. Thank you in advance for any info you might have to offer. smile
[notify]

Emily

Don't pet, play!

Purred: Thu Feb 2, '12 10:13am PST 
We ordered ours through amazon for much less than the store price. With a little shopping around online you should be able to find a good price. I think one diffuser is supposed to cover 600 square feet or so.
[notify]

Memphis

World Domination- Is Easier With- Thumbs

Purred: Sun Feb 5, '12 1:33pm PST 
Feliway works great for my girls. I used the diffusers during first introductions and right after we moved house. It helped them settle down and relax. It's worth the cash, imho
[notify]

Spot- (Striped- Seven)

Feline Blood- Donor

Purred: Sun Feb 5, '12 6:43pm PST 
I've tried the Feliway spray (not the diffuser) and one of my cats completely freaked out. If he got near anything that had been sprayed with the Feliway he would hiss at it, run away and if you tried to take him near it he would claw and struggle to get away from it.
So yeah after that I didn't use it anymore...

One of my cats licks himself bald but he has allergy issues.
[notify]

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2