GO!

Mom wants to know: Any tips on how to keep a collar on me??

This is a place to gain some understanding of cat behavior and to assist people in training their cats and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other cat owners and lovers...not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

~MoJo~

Attack- everything!!

Purred: Thu Aug 18, '05 10:56pm PST 
Mom wants me to wear a collar becuase we travel a lot and she's afraid I will get lost, or we might have an accident. I think the collar is stupid and annoying!! She puts it on, I take it off, I hide it under the bed. She finds it and puts it on again, I take it off and hide it in the laundry. She finds it and puts it on again....(You get the idea) She wants to know how to keep it on me!! (please don't tell her!!)
[notify]

Aragorn

Mommy's Handsome- Boy

Purred: Thu Aug 18, '05 11:21pm PST 
At first I didn't like my collar either, but now I am used to it. My mom just put it on tightly enough that I couldn't take it off, then once I got used to it and stopped fighting it she loosened it. Now it only comes off for bath time, and she puts it back on after I'm dry. Hope this helps. You might also want to try having her distract you with treats and toys right after she puts it on you, so that you forget it's there.
[notify]

~MoJo~

Attack- everything!!

Purred: Fri Aug 19, '05 12:27pm PST 
Mom says that she'll try that!! She says thanks a lot!
[notify]

Other posts by this user

Purred: Fri Aug 19, '05 4:22pm PST 
Until you are used to wearing a collar, your mom needs to make sure that it's tight enough that you can't get it off or get it stuck in your mouth. If she can slide two fingers between the collar and your neck, it's loose enough, even though you'll try to convince her that you're being strangled.
[notify]

Milton

I am a lover not- a biter.

Purred: Sun Sep 4, '05 6:09pm PST 
Hi Mojo
I hated my first collar too.I would pull it off and hide it too.But my mom got me a new collar from Petsmart it was kinda scrunhy material and it was a cute bow on it.It is a safty collar.And she put a ID tube on it.And I can not get it off and I don't try.Hope it helped.Good luck! I am wearing it in my picture with my blue birthday hat. Love Milton
[notify]

Bandido

the geek cat XD

Purred: Tue Sep 6, '05 1:23pm PST 
hehehe well I just hide my own collar after using it for a while... XD mom has no idea where did I put it, and its the best for me... she choosed one with a ringbell on in and I was getting mad to find where was the sound coming until I realised that it was me, I used for a while but I was just waiting until it got loosen up and take it away from me... now mommy is looking for it, and thinking in a differnt kind of collar since I dont fancy the ringbell... she only puts that on me because she thinks it enhances my beauty... but come on I'm enough handsome without it... so I expect she will forget about it.. big grin
[notify]